Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Vegan Recipe: Broccoli Bites with Avocado Cream

Now let me start off by saying that I enjoy broccoli, but even I was skeptical about my own recipe. I mean...putting it into the oven I was concerned. I just thought that I had created some freaky gunky Frankenfood. I expected to pull it from the oven, take a bite and gross out. I am not sure why. Perhaps because it looked UGLY.

Anyway, imagine my surprise when this tasted sooooooooooooo goooooood! Like for really yo!

Broccoli bites with avocado cream by rootedvegan.com
Try it. I insist.

2 medium-sized broccoli heads, florets only
EnerG Egg Replacer Equivalent to 4 Eggs (1 1/2 tsp replacer +1T warm water= 1 egg)
1 c your favorite vegan cheese (I used Daiya)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 c quick oats
1/4 c sunflower seeds

For the Avocado Cream
1 avocado
1/4 c vegan sour cream
juice from 1 half lemon

1.Preheat oven to 375. Lightly oil a muffin tin.
2. Toss the broccoli into a food processor and process. Add the cheese, sunflower seeds, oats, garlic powder, nutmeg. Process, scrap down the sides, until well mixed.
3. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin filling about 2/3 full, gently press down. Place into the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes, until lightly golden on top. Remove from heat and let cool.
4. For the avocado cream put the avocado (skin and seed removed) , sour cream, lemon juice into the cleaned food processor. Process until creamy.
5. Gently remove the broccoli bites. You may need to loosen by running a knife around the edges.
6. Serve with a dollop of cream. BOOM!


 Enjoy!
~Maria Rose

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

That sounds interestingly yummy...and would make neat little appetizers...I'll try it in a mini muffin tin...for mini pop-in-your-mouth morsels...

~Have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...