Once Bumblebee was made comfortable with antibiotics and anti inflammatory meds we proceeded as normal. Our afternoon was spent lounging around the house---well, I did some laundry and cleaning. Mostly though we were just relaxed and casual. Cordelia did tell everyone we encountered yesterday that it was her half birthday, even though I reminded her that most people don't celebrate half birthdays.
Later we had pizza with my parents and my brother Sam. We took a walk along the river and of course we had half a birthday cake. The day was beautiful. Obligations were few. It was lovely.
A few notes about Cordelia at five and a half:
-She is searching for greater independence and Eric and I are scrambling to grow with her.
-She is very thoughtful. When she is given something independently from her sister she always asks for one for her sister.
-Girl feels emotions fully. I know she gets that from me. On the positive end she is so very loving and giving. On the other end she is easily frustrated. Mostly though she is just a deep feeler. I do believe that this will end up being one of her greatest gifts and one of her greatest burdens.
-She is very smart. Loves math and science. Astronomy has been a constant fascination. She is able to add and subtract easily in her head and she can add and subtract large numbers on paper.
-I am going to call it, she is a lefty! We have long suspected that she was left handed, but only in the past few months has it become apparent.
-She is funny! Always happy to crack a weird joke. She revels in being the source of laughter.
-She is such a gift to our family.



2 comments:
Yay for lefties! And yay for half birthdays! I'm glad it was a great day, minus the UTI.
Happy half birthday (plus one day) Cordelia!
Post a Comment