We had friends over last night. It was so nice. We sat around talking for hours and hours. We could have talked all night, except we are not childless twenty-somethings and we knew that parenthood would call us from bed before the sun rose. So we called it a night.
I went to sleep sometime after one in the morning, drifting off into an unsettling dream. I was awakened by Elise a couple of times over the course of the evening. It was exhausting.
The whole family was piled onto the couch sometime before seven this morning. Eric and I are both bushed so we turned on cartoons for the girls and snuggled and drifted until breakfast.
We have had a super mellow morning happening now. The girls are laughing and playing. Eric and I have coffee and loungewear. We have nothing to do until late morning.
I am admittedly feeling a bit fragmented, but in the happiest of ways. Life is good.
Coffee will be my glue today, but it is going to be a good day.

2 comments:
Hope you have been having a lovely day! Coffee can certainly help. :)
coffee is marvelous glue. :)
(i depend upon it quite often.)
Post a Comment