Saturday, April 4, 2015

Coffee will be my glue

We had friends over last night. It was so nice. We sat around talking for hours and hours. We could have talked all night, except we are not childless twenty-somethings and we knew that parenthood would call us from bed before the sun rose. So we called it a night. 

I went to sleep sometime after one in the morning, drifting off into an unsettling dream. I was awakened by Elise a couple of times over the course of the evening. It was exhausting.

The whole family was piled onto the couch sometime before seven this morning. Eric and I are both bushed so we turned on cartoons for the girls and snuggled and drifted until breakfast.

We have had a super mellow morning happening now. The girls are laughing and playing. Eric and I have coffee and loungewear. We have nothing to do until late morning.


I am admittedly feeling a bit fragmented, but in the happiest of ways. Life is good.

Coffee will be my glue today, but it is going to be a good day.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hope you have been having a lovely day! Coffee can certainly help. :)

elizabeth said...

coffee is marvelous glue. :)
(i depend upon it quite often.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...