Thursday, April 30, 2015

Vegan Recipe: Pesto Pizza


Pefect Pesto Pizza by rootedvegan.com

I am crazy for pizza. Why, you ask. Well, the answer is simple. I am a human being. I sincerely have never met a single person who does not like pizza. If you do not like pizza then perhaps you should investigate the possibility that you are a non-human. Just sayin'.

Anyway, even the best pizza sometimes needs a little update. Here is a simple white pizza. I swear my daughters, who avoid all greens as a general rule, even ate this pizza.  Feel free to mix 'n match the veggies to your liking. It's pizza people, not rocket science.

Pizza dough
1/4 c basil pesto (vegan, obviously)
1/4 c spanish olives, roughly chopped
1/4 c kalamata olives, roughly chopped
1/4 c sun dried tomatoes, oil drained and roughly chopped
1/4 c quartered artichoke hearts
1 c Daiya jack cheese ( I cut mine in slabs, but shredded would work fine too)

1. Preheat your oven to 410F.
2. Lightly oil a cookie sheet and press the dough into place.
3. Cover with basil pesto. Add the veggies and top with the vegan cheese.
4. Pop it into the oven for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted. Pefect Pesto Pizza by rootedvegan.com

Enjoy!

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

That looks yummy...I feel a pizza night comin' on...

~Have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...