Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Last Push

I have white and black fingernails. No, I am not suffering from a rare nail fungus. Nor am I against hand washing. I have been scrubbing my hands more than usual as a matter of fact. In spite of my best efforts there are bits of paint that stick to my nails and are nearly impossible to get off. So I have just accepted this mess. Well honestly there is rarely a time in my life when I don't have paint on my person or at least on my clothing. 

I hear that Magritte painted in a full suit, that he was super clean. I could see my husband being that type of a painter, meticulous and clean. In fact his paintbrushes are clean and look new. My brushes, kept separately at his insistence, are covered in paint, frayed, nibbled, broken, crusted.

Currently I am finishing up final prep for a gallery show that I have opening in about a week. I have been working toward this show for many months and now there is an end in sight. 


I have been putting in final touches on pieces and looking over my body of work this week. The show hangs on Saturday. I have made pieces that range from small to very large. I do this so that I can make work affordable to all. 

So I had better start this day. I have promised the girls a visit to the river and a trip to the library. I hope to let them play in the yard this afternoon while I paint on the patio.

Hope you have a lovely Tuesday.

4 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

Yay! The end is neigh! I can't wait to see it all hung. I know it's going to be absolutely incredible. Happy painting!

Victoria said...

So wish we were there to partake! I too keep my brushes separate from Cope's...you can imagine why! Glad to hear it is warm enough to paint on the patio, Yeah!

Mom said...

I love that buffalo! Very Wyoming.

affectioknit said...

I love the bison...very best wishes for a successful show!

~Have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...