Monday, July 6, 2015

Rain

Saturday was so hot. When we made it home from Montana it was 97 F, there are also fires up in Canada and the smoke made the sky sort of soft with strangely filtered light. While the sunsets have been stunning, the fires are definitely not good for people who want to breathe air (AKA everyone). So yesterday when it started to drizzle here in Wyoming I was so happy for the clean air and relief from the heat. The rain continued on through the night. Eric and I slept with our windows open and the cool air, combined with the sound of rain and muttering birds was pretty much heavenly. It was a strange juxtaposition for me as I was having a full night of horrible dreams. I kept waking up with a jolt, only to be soothed back to sleep by the comforting patter of rain.

When we all rolled out of bed this morning there was coffee and breakfast and open windows letting in the clean cool air. The girls outfitted themselves in crocheted ponchos and Betty Sprinkles settled in front of a space heater. I went outside to take photos of the beautiful gloomy morning. Slightly waylaid by my inability to understand Eric's high tech camera. I enjoyed the wet grass on my feet. The drops of rain water resting on the plants. My garden was happily drinking up the excess. I am ready for a creative rainy day!

 rainy morning

rainy morning

rainy morning

rainy morning

rainy morning

rainy morning

 rainy morning

rainy morning

rainy morning

3 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

A rainy day haiku for you:

Rain's simply the best
That's it loyal blog readers
Let's move to Portland.

Victoria said...

HaHa! Love Sarah's Haiku!! Rain IS the best! We are have a lovely wet and wonderfully moderate summer here. It's like being on vacation every day!!! Enjoy! Kiss my girls for me. xoxo

Marie Roxanne said...

It is hot and gloomy here, some people call it muggy. (Ottawa, Ontario) but I am nowhere near the forest fires. I feel for those poor people, but for the animals ... they must be in so much fear, some don't know where to go, where to turn, and probably lost their lives trying to escape. At least the birds can fly out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...