Today we are buried under a foot of snow. Preschool and Eric's work were cancelled. So we have a leisurely day at home today! Great news as I have a nasty cold and work to do.
I took my time making a tasty breakfast for us and I thought I would share my recipe today.
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 1/4 c chopped shallots
• 1 clove garlic
• 1/2 c sliced mushrooms
• 1/4 c sun dried tomatoes (the oil packed kind) strips, oil drained.
• 1 package of extra firm tofu, drained and crumbled
• 1/2 tsp turmeric
• 2 Tbs nutritional yeast
• 4 leaves of lacinto kale cut into bite sized pieces.
• 1/4 c Daiya cheese, shredded or cubed
Optional toppings: Sriracha, vegan sour cream, sliced scallions
1. Heat the oil and cook the shallots in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until soft.
2. Add the mushroom, tomatoes and garlic and cook until the mushrooms begin to soften.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add the crumbled tofu, turmeric, yeast. Mix
4. Add the kale and cook until the kale brightens and softens.
5. Add the Daiya and mix until melted.
6. Serve hot with any or none of the suggested toppings.