Monday, January 25, 2016

Forced into a Life of Crime

This is a random internet basil photo.



A couple of weeks ago I was meeting up with my friend Laura to start seedlings. We wanted to plant some herbs and stuff. Strangely enough I had no seeds for basil anywhere in my very impressive seed stash. So I ran around town looking for seeds; wouldn't you know that Wyoming stores don't really sell seeds year round. I finally found a small greenhouse kit that came with basil seeds. The kit was cool too so I bought it and went on my merry way.

A few days later I was putting the garden kit together when I discovered that the lid of the kit was supposed to be sold separately from the base. I thought that was kind of a money grabbing scheme, but it didn't really matter what I thought---technically I had stolen the lid. I planned to return and pay for it the next day.

Then something came up and then some other stuff. Before you knew it two weeks had passed. I didn't want to be one of those people who are too lazy to simply do the right thing. So yesterday Cordelia and I swung by the store to pay for the accidentally stolen item.

After searching for the product and coming up short I went to the help desk and laid it all out.  The two guys were surprised that I had come in and kept thanking me, which kinda bummed me out, that shouldn't be unusual. Cordelia kept loudly asking,"What did you steal mom!???"

The guys searched the system for about ten minutes and came up empty handed. Apparently the item was discontinued. I asked if I could just give them money. The would not let me. They forced me into thievery. 

I had hoped to teach Cordelia a lesson about honesty and accountability, but I think she learned that you can get away with stealing.

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

...What a sweet funny story...'honestly'...

~Have a lovely day!

Roxanne Veinotte said...

OMG that is hilarious!
Cordelia was probably "horrified" her mom was a thief.... LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...