Monday, August 22, 2016

First Day




First day of school at both the college and university where I teach online classes. This week is the most intense week where I get a bajillion emailed questions...most of which are clearly answered in my syllabus. Things will fall into a rhythm within a week or two, but right now we will all be scrambling. 

I have my cute day planner at the ready. You know the value of a cute day planner right?! I mean a boring standard day planner makes the joyless work of organization pure torture. So at least my adorable jumbo sized day planner will keep me going...that and coffee. I am officially on cup number three, as Elise had me up in the night---she had nightmares and needed some comfort. So coffee and will power will get me through this day.

Actually it is a lovely day here in Wyoming. The sun is shining and there is a gentle breeze. The garden is gifting us with tons of fresh produce. The hammock is calling to me...so I will have to give that some of my attention. The girls and I have played a couple of games of memory...and now they are playing t-Rex and ponies....

I am going to knock out a quick morning sketch. And then dig into a few emails. I also did a crazy thing and signed up for a 30 paintings in 30 days challenge for September. 

What are your plans for today?

1 comment:

Roxanne Veinotte said...

Can I join that challenge too or is that only for your area? The paintings (30 in 30 days)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...