Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Seeking

  

Last night I was talking with Eric about the Rumi quote, "What you seek is seeking you." Have you heard that one before? 

Eric and I were discussing the quote and ultimately we asked the all important question,"What are we seeking?" I mean good gravy, what are any of us looking for? Does it matter? I am not sure that it does, because there seems to be this inevitability to it all. I feel like whatever amorphous thing that I seek will come as long as I keep looking. Probably it is a whole bunch of things, not just one. 

This morning I thought of my all time favorite quote, " I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart." So I am back around to Vincent's earnest heart. I don't have any conclusions, just looking around.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...