Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Staghorn Fern Project Update

 

So I wanted to update you on my staghorn ferns. They are very healthy, but I have made some changes. You see they were doing great, but I had to water them almost daily...not great if we had to leave town for more than a day. So I undid all of my work. I added a bit more soil as I noticed there had been some root growth (yay) and I didn't want to do this again soon. Then I  cut a black bag and wrapped it around the root ball, leaving room at the top and some loose areas for drainage. Then I re-wrapped the outward facing part with sheet moss and re-secured the bundle. Voila. Hopefully I won't have to water these babies as much. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...