Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Vegan Recipe: Hummus is Yummus

 
Alright, so you probably didn't give my hunt for the perfect hummus another thought...but I did! I am onto my next hummus recipe. This one is super basic and it was ok, could be great with addition of spices, but it is a good start if you are not familiar with hummus. Cordelia is normally put off but hummus with a robust flavor and she really liked this more mild version of hummus.

1/4 c tahini

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp salt

 2 cans chickpeas plus some reserved liquid

2 tsp olive oil

1/4 c lemon juice

* paprika and a drizzle of olive oil on top


Put it all in a food processor and blend until creamy. Pour in a little reserved chickpea liquid as you blend for a creamier hummus. Just a little as you go along, testing the consistency until you are happy. If you want super creamy hummus you need to shell those chickpeas, but I don't have time for that. When you are done drizzle with a bit of olive oil and a sprinkle of paprika.


A fine basic, but I know there is better. Send me your recipes and I shall try them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...