Thursday, June 25, 2009

Odds and Ends


Let's see, today seems like an odds and ends sort of day...

Yesterday I went out for decaf coffee with a friend. It was nice to get out and socialize, that has been the one downfall to our move, not many friends yet. I was so happy to get out and get to know a new (sort of new, I kind of knew her already) friend.

While on my outing I had my first local newscaster sighting and it was a doozy. Just a reminder, Eric and I try to sight local newscasters wherever we live, yes we know it is slightly creepy. Anyway, the main lady anchor for our local news was out with a friend sitting just feet away. I stared and made it obvious that I knew who she was (I don't claim to be smooth). Hey, it's a small town she probably loves feeling like a real celeb. I contemplated asking her for her autograph and a message to Eric that read You snooze you loose. Love, Newscaster. I opted not to do it because it seemed crazy.

Today I am doing a lot of sewing, or at least that's the plan. I have an ever growing pile of things that need to be altered, fixed or just re-purposed and I should really dig into it while I have the time.

Tonight we're barbecuing at my parent's house. I am excited, I love a good vegan barbecue.

Eric opted to save fort night for this weekend as he returned from his business trip and was utterly exhausted after a couple of very long work days. So, we are preparing to do a fort night in the coming days.

What are you up to?

9 comments:

Rolfe Bautista said...

hello I stumbled onto your blog and quite enjoyed it :D I hope to be seeing more!!!
Rolfe

Chrissy said...

Where I live, I think u would have fun finding the 'celebs'... we have a few well known newscasters as well as celebrities- when I worked in Bev. Hills, we were forever getting in celebs... some are cordial but for the most part jaded and expectant of being asked for their autograph... not, cool at all...
have fun at your parents.. love grilled veggies...

Maria Rose said...

Chrissy, I think we're more into hunting down non-celebrities, like WY newscasters, than we are in sighting real celebrities. Not sure why.

Emily said...

I forgot about your quest to find local newscasters! How funny! Have fun cooking out with your family tonight. We grilled veggie ka-bobs the other day and they were delicious.

Stacy said...

Random question... what colors are you planning to use in your darling daughter's space?

I saw a local reporter guy at the airport. He was kind of to cool for school... guess that's what you get in Philly since we're such a big market but boo to him.

Chrissy said...

I worked in the West Valley of San Fernando and a soap star came in and he got so flippant w/me because I said 'Aren't you?" well even the ones u were thought weren't the typical celebrity they still would fall in that category.. I think anyone who has been seen in the media or is newsworthy would fit the bill...nothing wrong in your intent..

Robin said...

It is an odds and ends kinda day!

I will have to someday tell you about my newscaster experiences!

Elizabeth said...

your little, or should i say big?, I LOVE YOU sign was awesome! i just may copy that sometime. :)

love the odds and ends today. i've been doing some odds-n-ends myself . . .

did you sew? tell us about it if you did?

the dwellers said...

I took 2 of our children to the first day of Art Camp... poetry, painting, sculpture all in an old country barn. Want to join us tomorrow for collages, photography, etc? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...