Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Time to Come Home


We made it over 8 years without spending a day apart. I kind of thought we'd be one of those old couples that got to say that we'd never spent a night apart, but jobs get in the way of those types of things. Eric has been out of town on business. It is a short trip and not really a big deal, but I think I will mention it. Mostly because it's on my mind.

Last night I called Eric in his hotel room to see how his day had gone. We ended up talking for over 2 hours. I know, you're more than welcome to roll your eyes.

I was reminded of the time I on a vacation to Montana with my family. Eric and I were just dating at the time. He was house sitting for my family while we were away. Every evening while I was away I would give him a call. Mind you this was in the days before the widespread use of the cell phone (think 1998) and phone costs were not what they are today. We talked a lot and ended up with a humongatron phone bill. When we were finally reunited we were so excited to see each other, it had been a couple of weeks. Our cheeks hurt from smiling and laughing, apparently we find each other hilarious.

Last night after I said goodbye I settled in for the night and was so thankful that after all of these years Eric and I are still chatting away and laughing for hours. He's coming back tonight and I think we'll celebrate with a fort night, providing that he gets home early enough. We haven't had a proper fort night since we moved to WY.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Yay for Eric's safe return home! Happy fort night!

Our Green Nest said...

It's very obvious you two love and adore each other passionately and love being together...I love seeing that b/c it reminds me of what people say about me and Love :)...It only gets more fun from here too though!! Once you add your little baby to the mix it's even better (if you can imagine that)!

Robin said...

;) Now you finally know what it feels like! But, it is good in a way, because it makes you appreciate/love them more when they aren't there!

Amanda said...

There's no 'eye rolling' coming from me either! I think the way you both feel about and treat each other is the way we all should do for the people we love. There are so so many people around who just seem to be going through the motions of being in a relationship and seem to have lost sight of the reason they said 'I do' all those years ago. That is a tragedy to me. Your story should be the norm....at least it is in my book!

:)

Annie said...

I don't like to be apart either. But my husband used to go on conference trips a lot, not anymore though. He also doesn't mind being on his own every now and then, he actually needs it. And sometimes I miss time spent on my own too but still I'd much rather spend every moment with my husband and child. There's a time for everything. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...