Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Falls

At the Falls 7/26/09

Yesterday afternoon Eric and I decided to take Bumblebee on a little hike at a nearby waterfall. We took the 10 minute drive to get to the trail head. The hike is really quite easy, so nobody worry about the clumsy pregnant lady walking on difficult trails near terrifying drop offs. Although Eric was very attentive whenever I did anything that looked a little precarious. I am not sure if this is due to the pregnancy or if it's just my normal clumsiness that had him concerned, but it was really sweet.

Maria at the falls 7/26/09

The day was really hot, but the hike was well shaded. Bumblebee annoyed Eric by (ahem) marking her territory about a million times, so it was a little slow going. We did enjoy all of the flowers and butterflies that seem to have laid claim to the area.

Eric on hike 7/26/09

The waterfall itself was beautiful and cooled the air significantly.* Side note, my parent's elderly dog once fell down the waterfall. Thankfully it was in the winter and he just fell into snow, but it's one of those events that has entered family lore.*

Generally we just wandered around exploring some of the trails that go up and around the falls.

Photobucket

Finally we sat on some rocks near the water's edge and watched Bumblebee as she explored the terrain.

Maria on Hike 7/26/09

14 comments:

gen said...

What a beautiful hike with the falls.

Tammie said...

these are beautiful pictures.

45+ and Aspiring said...

Wow! So beautiful. Made me feel like I was there. Thanks!

Chrissy said...

A very peaceful photo of u and Eric... You've got that glow... I have a friend who continued to have that glow after her baby was born.. She looks more beautiful than ever... She's got a calmness...

Tahra said...

I read your blog ritually, and I must say, this one made me feel like I took a little hike myself! Great pictures.

dutchgirl said...

Oh, I'm sad, I can't see any of the pictures except the last one :( It looks beautiful, though!

Maria Rose said...

I'm sorry you came at just a bad moment. I was going through a photobucket frenzy. All the pictures are up and ready now!

Maria Rose said...

Oh, and you may have to clear your history if you still can't see them, I promise they're up!

Stacy said...

What a beautiful water fall!

..... Carmen said...

Gorgeous photos and looks like a gorgeous day :)

Meg Wolff said...

Maria Rose, you look so great. The scenery is spectacular too. :-)

affectioknit said...

That looks like such a lovely hike!

sophie said...

gorgeous photos Maria Rose.

Robin said...

What a fun day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...