Sam, my youngest brother, turns 16 today! Holy smokes I can't believe he's 16. I am sure he'll be off to the DMV first thing this morning in order to get his driver's license. Since I used his photo in yesterday's post and he hates when I take his picture I decided to add Miss Bumblebee in her birthday celebration gear to this post.
I would like to take this time to list 16 reasons to celebrate my youngest brother.
1)He is really interested in learning. If he doesn't know something, he will research it.
2)He's self-aware. He has this sense of who he is, even when he doesn't know just where he's going in life. It's pretty amazing.
3)He is cool. You know, he's too cool for school (although he does in fact go to school).
4) He really cares about the feelings of others. After encounters with people he will often reflect upon the experience and question whether or not he said and did the right thing because he doesn't want to hurt people's feelings.
5) One of his cats rides on his shoulder like a parrot.
6) He plans for the future. As I mentioned yesterday, he has been saving up so he could buy his first car...and he did. I think my 'car savings' was a jar of change that I raided for coffee. Now he is saving up to buy a house.
7) He let's me call him Sug (pronounced Shoog) which once began as Sugar Booger when he was a baby. I don't know many people who would allow such a nickname to stick around.
8)He's really easy to talk to. Not like a normal teenager, he can have conversations that span everything from music to the world economy.
9) When he was little he named his fish Jason.
10) He's really good at making conversation. He asks questions and offers insight like a pro.
11)He made the choice to go vegetarian by himself, when he was in elementary school!
12)When he asks for advice from others he actually listens and takes it in, sometimes too well.
13)He has a bamboo plant that he's been taking care of for years.
14) He's learning to play drums which is pretty cool.
15)He's a giant. The youngest member of the family now towers over us all in height and we're a very tall family (well, maybe not my mom...sorry Mom).
16)He's really funny. He has a great dry sense of humor.
Happy birthday to Sam!!!!