Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer Evening Second Try

Last week Eric, Bumblebee and I attempted to go and see the weekly outdoor concert in our small town, but it had been canceled. So this week it was on. After dinner we grabbed a blanket, Bumblebee and our camera and headed to the show.

At the Park 7/17/09

It was a regular small town American experience. There were hundreds of locals out with lawn chairs, a few entrepreneurs pulling around a wagon with treats, lots of dogs, and tons of people of all ages. What was this amazing show you might ask?

Municipal Band 7/17/09

Well, we watched the Municipal Band. The band played a bunch of old big band songs. There was a gentleman with a great voice who would introduce each song and give a little background history on the song. Halfway through the evening a local musician gave the band a break and played a quick set.

Photobucket

The crowd was great. We were highly entertained by a little girl who was doing her own tumbling routine a few feet away. Her tumbling kept bringing her ever closer, for a look at Bumblebee.

Photobucket

The weather was so perfect. The night was lovely. We'll definitely head back next week.

Maria and Bum at the Park 7/17/09

11 comments:

Erica said...

Sounds like a fun night and your pictures are fantastic. How freaking cute is bumblebee?

jumbleberryjam said...

Lovely! All of you :-)

Dooder City said...

You guys are my favorite blog couple. I love outdoor festivals in small towns. When I lived in Boulder I would drive by myself to a small time next door called Nederland and go to the outdoor shows. It was great. These photos reminded me of that. BTW I love the name bumblebee for a dog.

Stacy said...

That sounds like my kind of night. I LOVE when they tell you a little about the song. Fan-freaking-tastic!

Twobreadsplease said...

Sounds like a lovely day out! Love the photos. x

Emily said...

You look radiant!

..... Carmen said...

Those are great pictures! I specifically love the one of Bumblebee :) And I love how many older folks were in the audience :)

Robin said...

That evening sounds so relaxing!

sophie said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new header, you look so beautiful. What a beautiful evening. I can't wait till it warms up here.

Victoria said...

Oh what fun! Soon you'll have baby in tow...and everyone will be "tumbling" near to get a look at her!

Tinniegirl said...

I love those small town America experiences. Some of my favourite memories of living in the USA are of those exact moments - rodeos, local cheer competitions, football games. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Bumblebee is too cute. I bet he makes lots of friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...