Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer Evening

Yesterday evening Eric and I decided to get out of the house for a bit. We went to the park with the hopes of seeing the weekly musical performance. There were tons of people scattered through the grass, but no band. It really didn't matter because the night was just so very beautiful. Eric, Bumblebee and I plopped ourselves in the grass to enjoy the perfect weather.

Photobucket

We watched as the gathered crowd realized that there was not going to be a band. People slowly began heading home, but a lot of folks decided to do just as we were and stayed to enjoy the evening.

Photobucket

After we were done relaxing in the park we decided that it was time to go to a local coffee shop. It is all part of our scheme to meet people in our new town. So, we dropped Miss Bumblebee off at home (coffee isn't her thing) and headed out again. On the way my parents called and decided to meet up with us for coffee. I think they really just wanted to stop by our house to see Bumblebee, but they settled for us.


Photobucket

We were surprised to find that there was a small concert going on at the coffee shop. My parents didn't stay for too long. I think this is mostly because Bumblebee wasn't present.

Photobucket

Eventually Eric and I headed out, but we decided to drive around town, take some photos and just talk.

Photobucket

We had the windows down and some music playing as we drove. It felt like when we were teenagers, we often would go out for coffee and then drive around enjoying the cool night air. Finally we came home and opened the back door to find our little gatekeeper demanding an explanation for our absence.

Photobucket

She was also willing to accept bribes.







15 comments:

Ben said...

Nice HC Ewim

Josiane said...

Hi Maria Rose! I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.
It's funny: my gentleman friend's name is Eric too, and we also went to see an outdoor show last night! The band was there and played, but your evening reminds me of a night on our recent trip to Paris: going to see a scheduled outdoor show which finally didn't happen, everyone staying around to enjoy the night, and us finally deciding to head to a bistrot for coffee... It was funny to read your post and find all those parallels! :)

Rosie Unknown said...

Always happy to spread the word about some new awesomeness. Your dog is so cute!

Nowheymama said...

What great photos! You look so cute in your dress.

Emily said...

You look so lovely in your picture! I'm glad you guys had a nice night out. Night's like those are so refreshing.

Annie said...

Such great pictures!

AKM said...

What cute photos! I giggle when you guys do jazz hands. :-) I love that look on Miss BB's face at the end! Too funny! Your parents are just lovely. I'm so glad that you get to see them so much now.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Robin said...

What a lovely evening!

Tammie said...

you look really good maria rose...you do pregnancy well. :)

jumbleberryjam said...

Sounds delightful! I do believe you get cuter every photo shoot!! :-)

Elizabeth Marie said...

Hey Maria! What a fun night!! Your dog is adorable! And I love the new header-you are such a beauty! XOXO, Liz

Elizabeth said...

look at your new banner! i love it!

and you are such a cute pregnant lady. ;)

i also like the larger photos - fun to change things up once-in-a-while, hmmm?

Swell Vintage - Frankie said...

You have such a beautiful family!

Also, I love your header! Adorable.

x

Kate said...

Awww, I had a bassett growing up, they have such amazing personalities. thanks for stopping by my blog!

mrs boo radley said...

Look at your cute dress! And your cute belly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...