Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Night Like This

Yesterday evening I suggested that we hop in the car and go for a little drive. I could see that the sunset was fast approaching and I felt compelled to get a good look at it. We buckled in Bumblebee, rolled down the windows and headed to the edge of town.

Fence at Sunset 8/12/09

Passing deer, antelope and horses we breathed in the fresh air. The temperature was perfect the sun was just above the horizon and all was as it should be.

WY Sunset 8/12/09

We talked of projects, plans, the baby. We also just rode in silence taking in the beginning of the end of summer. We still have plenty of hot summer days ahead of us, but I can tell that fall will soon be here. Along with it will be tons of change and new experiences, but last night was just about enjoying the night.

Sunset 8/12/09

I couldn't help but think of the mantra that my dear friend Copeland taught me so many years ago. You are here and it is now. I am always busy with plans or some crazy agenda, but sometimes it seems the whole world is reminding me to just quietly appreciate the tiny moments.

11 comments:

Annie said...

Beautiful. Sometimes I wish I would still live in the country.

Carol said...

Wow, those pictures are beautiful

Stacy said...

Gorgeous photos friend!

AKM said...

Yes, lovely photos! Your pics always make me think about moving West. :-)

Robin said...

Tiny moments are what make up the great things in life!

jumbleberryjam said...

I certainly need that mantra today! The madness here is happy, but madness nevertheless :-) Thanks for the gorgeous photos!

The Grandpa said...

I like that mantra. I use something similar myself.

Pam Brewer said...

Nice.

the dwellers said...

These photos are beautiful. Sounds like a perfect date night!

Elizabeth said...

oh, i love this, maria, i love this.

the photos.
the idea of you and your love
just driving in the sunset light
talking about your babe.

what a good night.

sophie said...

oh spontaneity where did you go?? Oh to to just get up and chase a sunset without a care...

Beautiful photos Maria, thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...