Monday, September 14, 2009

A Few Thoughts

Sunlight on Pine

Fall is sneaking up on us here in WY. Last night as I lay in bed I could hear the wind blowing through the trees. In that place of half sleep it's easy to think that I am by the ocean, the wind seemed to be blowing over us in waves.

I gave up on sleep sometime before it was light out and Bumblebee and I sat on the couch listening to the wind and thinking about fall. Well, Bumblebee probably was more concerned with the cats who had the audacity to drink out of her water dish in front of her. She whined at me like a little tattle tale. I, however, was thinking about fall.

I love this time of year when things start to cool down a bit. I love when people have rosy cheeks and noses, layered clothes, hot tea and of course the vibrant colors as the leaves begin to change. I am so excited for a rosy cheeked little baby to fill up to adore this fall!

11 comments:

Emily said...

There is something very comforting about the changing of seasons. Maybe because they have always faithfully followed each other without fail.

mrs boo radley said...

I love fall! I was in WY in September once. And I think I really liked it.

Jessica Harrington said...

i so do miss the 4 seasons ... i will have to live vicariously through your blog posts! :(

AKM said...

Add me to the list of autumn-lovers! We get some pretty fall colors here in the Midwest...love that!

Linda said...

I love fall too. Summer is amazing, but sometimes I actually look forward to the crisp, cool air and all of that fall snugglinessl. And how much nicer to have a baby you can wrap up in nice woolly clothes!

the dwellers said...

Hints of fall are beginning to show up here too. I pointed out a tree with yellow leaves to the kids last week and A. said "I love everything about fall, except turtlenecks and tights!" :)

Personaly, fall is my favorite!

affectioknit said...

Fall is my favorite time of year - I hope we have a nice long fall this year...

Court said...

I too am excited about a fall baby, it seems a great season to welcome a little one, yeah?

Robin said...

This will be such a special Fall season for you guys! Enjoy!

Robin said...

This will be such a special Fall season for you guys! Enjoy!

Elizabeth said...

i think my long comment from yesterday disappeared?

i "introduced" maddie to you and eric and bumblebee - after you wished her happy birthday. she thinks that you are very pretty maria, and she is very excited to see a picture of the baby in your tummy once she is out!

she thinks that bumblebee looks like a fun dog and really likes her name.

and she really liked the picture of you and eric in your big sunglasses from a little while ago.

maddie also thought you look very pretty and happy and like you are having lots of fun in your blog header photos. :)

maybe today will be baby day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...