Saturday, October 3, 2009

Eric

Flowers

We are the proud parents of an almost 4 day old beauty of a girl. People have been asking how we are adjusting, how she is doing and all of those general inquiries. We are doing remarkably well, but I would like to take a moment to talk about how wonderful my husband is.

The responsibilities of early parenthood often fall largely on the source of food, the mother, so I think many a new father feels helpless or like they aren't doing their fair share. I know Eric worries about this, but in truth I continue to feel as though I hit the husband jackpot. He has been just an amazing husband and father. So, thoughtful, bringing me beautiful flowers, trying to meet my every need (when I certainly don't expect him to). We worked as a team through those first nightmare diapers (you know what I'm talking about). He has just been so involved and attentive, as any new parent should be. I couldn't be more thankful to be on this new adventure with such an amazing man. Who knew I could love him even more?

10 comments:

Jessica Harrington said...

i've heard that you fall in love twice...once: When he becomes your husband, and then all over again, when he becomes a father.
<3

pixiepine said...

Congratulations your new baby!!

Chrissy said...

OMG!! I have not been here in sometime... Congrats... You will love this journey.. You will be amazed at what u can endure and u will learn so much!.. Your lives are forever changed.....

elizabeth said...

Eric is awesome!
I knew he would be!

And Cordelia (I LOVE her name!) is so, so, so, so sweet and cute! Oh, she is just wonderful!

Hugs to you, new mama!

Elizabeth said...

:)

Christina Lowry said...

Awww.... go Eric. You sound like such a sweetie.

Having a baby really brings a whole new dimension to your relationship. :)

Anonymous said...

...And we hit the son-in-law jackpot! Really, it brings us such peace and satisfaction to know how good he is to you. He has always appreciated the treasure that you are and he now adores Cordelia as well. We could notsk for more from him! Mom

Stacy said...

Wonderfully said!!

Nikki Cardigan said...

This is be just one of many, many revelations you have about things in your life that you thought you completely understood. A baby changes you in ways you could never have imgained or could never have explained to you. xxx

On my way Home... said...

I love reading your blog even more so at the moment... I'm in the final stretch of my pregnancy. It's fun to hear tidbits about what comes next... i'm eager for the next. And it's nice to know that there is an end... and a new beginning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...