Thursday, October 15, 2009

Family Tree Update

Phew, I am off to a late start today. I am here now and that's what matters. Anyway, I have been asked by a few readers to show the completed family tree that I made for Cordelia. Here is it...

Photobucket

I kept it fairly basic, but Eric and I are still busy at work with a very comprehensive family tree. I couldn't put that on canvas, unless I wanted to dedicate a wall to it and frankly I just don't have that kind of time.

I generally went for a 60s kind of style, sort of soft---like the cover to a singer songwriter album. It works really well with Cordelia's other stuff. We are quite pleased with it and hope that she enjoys it in the future. Currently she does not care.

16 comments:

Jessica Harrington said...

LOVE it. excellent job.

AKM said...

Astonishingly fabulous! You could sell those as a side project...

I love the style...reminds me of some of Joni Mitchell's album covers. It is such a wonderful gift to her and I know she will (eventually!) treasure it.

Linda said...

ABsolutely LOVE the family tree! I've never seen anything like it! Have you drawn it or painted it? Let me know if you want to custom-make one and sell! (Sooo wish I could paint/draw!) Well, maybe I'll give it a go, but don't think I would be able to make it look nearly as good as this!

eLiZaBeTh said...

Beautiful!

Widge said...

I love it too.very sweet

Emily said...

How beautiful! I know it will be something Cordelia will always treasure. Maybe just not right now. I bet eating and snuggling with Mom and Dad top her priority list right now =)

Chrissy said...

love it!... what a legacy to pass on

Tammie said...

its gorgeous.

(and i love the last sentence. made me laugh.)

Hello Lindello said...

Its so beautiful!

Gen said...

It's absolutely beautiful!

mrs boo radley said...

Veerrrrrrrrrry cool. LOVE it!

Robin said...

Ha! Loved your last line!

Turned out lovely!

Annie said...

Beautiful!

Stacy said...

It's beautiful!!! Amazing my friend!!

Imene said...

It so beautiful. I am happy to finally see it!

elizabeth said...

goodness gracious.
i missed her first bath and this wonderful tree!
(we were out of town for 4 days . . . )
anyway - her first bath self was adorable. :)
and this tree you have made - it is just lovely, Maria. Cordelia will appreciate it some day. i know she will.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...