Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Yesterday

I don't know about you, but I am a bit of a voyeur. I suppose you must be if you're a blog reader. So I thought I'd share my yesterday with you.

I woke up at 5:30 and fed and changed Cordelia. We snuggled on the couch until about 6:30 when Eric woke up. We began the process of getting ready for the day. Getting ready -in no particular order- consists of breakfast, packing Eric's lunch, orange juice, taking care of the animals, etc.

Photobucket
Morning Walk
Later, after Eric had gone to work and I had posted my blog and gotten ready. Cordelia, Bumblebee and I took a walk. The weather has been warm enough for the three of us to get out and wander the neighborhood.

While on our walk we were greeted by a dog that hopped out of a car. Bumblebee was overjoyed. The dog's human came running over and he tried to apologize to me while still talking on his cell phone, with a cigarette in his mouth. The result was that I wasn't sure when he was talking to me and the person on the other end of the phone seemed to have the same problem. I thought he was telling to me about his dog, but quickly realized that he was talking on the phone to someone about his medical condition. Before realizing this I responded to him. Then he looked at me like I was crazy. Then a gust of wind blew Cordelia's blanket into the air, we got tangled as Bumblebee spun to continue playing with the dog. It was all very awkward. So we quickly shuffled off.

Photobucket
Lunch
After returning home from the walk I realized Cordelia had fallen asleep in the carrier. I decided to seize the moment and just picked up the house and prepared lunch for myself. At some point she ended up in my arms as I was trying to finish lunch, this is how many a meal goes down.

Photobucket
Afternoon nap
Lunch transitioned into an afternoon nap for Cordelia and Bumblebee. Later Eric came home early and we headed to the doctor's office for my final check up. All is well. The doctor was so kind and we expressed our gratitude for everything he has done for our family.

After that we ran to the store and did some grocery shopping and bought a vacuum. We were pushing our cart through the store, stacked with a baby in a car seat and a vacuum. It hit us, we're grown up. When did this happen? I think we must counteract this with another fort night soon.

Photobucket
Dinner
We made it home and I put away groceries while I listened to Eric and Cordelia making sweet cooing sounds at each other in the other room. Then I whipped up a quick dinner of whole grain pasta and a big salad.

Photobucket
Eric and Bumblebee
We then did dinner and a movie, eating our meal as we watched a movie. Who knows what Bumblebee was up to.

Photobucket
Cordelia sound asleep
Cordelia was falling in and out of sleep for most of the evening. Eventually she succumbed and fell into a deep sleep.

Photobucket
Conversation
After Cordelia was asleep Eric and I sat around talking until we were too tired to talk. Then off to sleep.

What did you do?

6 comments:

affectioknit said...

Except for the weird dog/man on the phone thing - it sounds like a super day ...

...and sleeping babies are the sweetest!

Emily said...

Nice day! Nothing sweeter than snuggling a sleeping baby. Yesterday I took the girls to gymnastics, then came home to wait around for a repair guy to come fix our over-the-range microwave. Then my friend came over to join us for dinner, and finally we ran to the store to pick up some items for our girls' school's canned food drive. That's it in a nutshell!

Hello Lindello said...

Sounds like a lovely (and interesting) day. I hate when people talk on the their cells in situations like that. The worst is if they have a blue tooth and you dont realize for awhile who they are talking too!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous pic of C... I love watchin them sleep... u will find yourself taking C. to the most unimaginable places, lol.. i shall not name the most obvious and if u haven't ventured there w/her, u will eventually!. lol

sophie said...

What a strange moment with the dog and his human...it's so hard to know what to do!

Andrew and I sometimes stop and laugh at the things we do now, as opposed to what we did when we were dating, sometimes I think we are so boring, where did our spontineity go??

Sounds like such a lovely day!

Elizabeth said...

i liked reading about your day.

i love seeing pics of cordelia.

and i love talking to ben until we are too tired to talk . . .

i hope you have another lovely day tomorrow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...