Monday, November 23, 2009

Project

I recently mentioned that I need to get back to creating. By that I mean that I need to make some art and make some crafts. Well I have officially begun a sewing project.

Yesterday afternoon I took a decent nap with Cordelia. I am a napper who needs very specific circumstances in order to get a proper nap.
  1. I need for nobody in the house to be doing anything of interest. If there is anybody around, doing anything remotely interesting I will not be able to sleep.
  2. I need Cordelia to be napping.
  3. I need to have something really boring playing on TV. A fairly simple task as we don't have cable and TV is generally boring. I use the sound from the TV to block out other noises on the street that might distract me. Yesterday I snoozed to people ice dancing to some sort of concert.
  4. I need to be really really tired...not much of a problem right now.
  5. I need a free schedule.
So, I got to take a nap yesterday afternoon. It was lovely. I woke up feeling refreshed. Soon after I woke Cordelia up and then my mom came over. We went the the nearby fabric store and sifted through the fabrics. I picked up a few prints for the quilt I am making.

Photobucket

Then we all went out to my parent's house for dinner. I cut out the fabric while the guys watched sports and mom cuddled with Cordelia. Mom also loaded me up with tons of books on quilting.

Photobucket

After a lovely evening I came home excited to start my sewing project. I think this is going to be my best effort yet. My whole goal is to be a little more meticulous, slap dash is more my natural style, and really take the time to make this look like I mean business.

To celebrate that I am getting back in the creative game I decided to reward myself with a giant cup-o-hot cocoa. I put it into Eric's weird wizard/skeleton battle mug. Delicious!

<Photobucket

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Love those fabrics-have fun!

Chrissy said...

It's good to see u getting into quilting... Cordelia must give u a lot of free time? I can't wait to see your first quilt!.

..... Carmen said...

Those fabrics are gorgeous! Congrats on re-starting your creative streak :)

Maria Rose said...

Nope, Cordelia doesn't give me a lot of time, but thankfully she has a lot of people who love to snuggle here...giving me a few moments here and there.

Stacy said...

YAY for quuilting! I love the one I'm working on right now... I keep laying it out to admire how the fabrics look together. I can't wait to see how you put these beautiful fabrics together!

affectioknit said...

I can't wait to see the quilt - what pattern will you use?

E.K. said...

Wow! Cool mug!

sophie said...

There's nothing like new fabrics to get you excited about creating again. It's nice to have something just for you - it's good for the soul!

That mug freaks me out - although I am strangely drawn to it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...