Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 The Biggest Year of My Life

Well, the title of this blog is nothing short of an understatement. In many ways my life will have a line drawn through it...everything that happened before 2009 and then the rest of it. I thought I would end the year with a few photos that tell the story of our year...

Photobucket
January 2009: We found out that we were going to be parents.
The day that I found out I woke up Eric with quite a shock. My exact words to Eric were "Holy crap Eric, wake up! I'm pregnant!"We were beyond thrilled. I spent the rest of the day in a long business meeting, quietly and joyfully pondering what a tremendous year of change we were facing, little did I know just how much change was in store for us.


Photobucket
February 2009: The exact moment that my mother found out that she was to be a first time grandmother.
We surprised my mother with a necklace that said grandmother. It took her just a moment for the truth to sink in. Can you see the look on her face? That is the "you'd better not be messing with me" look. Later that day we drove back to Denver (where we were living at the time) and had the first ultrasound, we got to see a tiny little blob that had a heartbeat. I can't even express what a huge day that was for us!

March 2009
March 2009: Bumblebee in the snow.
While life was on the brink of big change, there were still the daily joys of life. Bumblebee of course knows how to revel in the little things and she serves as a daily reminder to be enthusiastic and to enjoy!

April 2009
April 2009: Our house in Wyoming, pre-move in.
In April we made a huge life change, leaving the city for small town life close to family and close to nature. I went from being the sole provider to living a domestic life. Eric got a job working as a curator at a small museum outside of our new town.

May 2009
May 2009: Me in the garden
I started my garden almost as soon as we moved in. All went quite well until I became big enough that I had difficulty squatting in the garden toward the end of summer.

Photobucket
June 2009: Eric working on a music video
June left us time to be creative and enjoy the outdoors. We also celebrated our 8th year of marriage! Eric made this music video for Marilyn Roxie (see below).


Photobucket
July 2009: On a hay bale at farmer's market.
We spent a lot of time trying to figure out our new town, hunting for friends and checking out local activities. Here I am seven months pregnant at the farmer's market, sittin' on a hay bale and listening to ho down music, Wyoming style.

August 2009
August 2009: Sunset in Wyoming
One of the best parts about living in Wyoming is feeling like we have a renewed relationship with the natural world. August was a time of anticipation and preparation as we were getting so close to meeting our daughter. Trips out of town really helped us to focus in on the present while we prepared for the future. I spent my time, and continue to spend my time, writing, creating, and focusing in on the small joys that make life so sweet.

September 2009
September 2009: She finally arrives
How can I even put into words what it meant to meet our daughter? Our whole world came into clear focus. The preciousness of life was never more clear to us than on that day. There is nothing greater, nothing.

P.S. Giving birth hurts. FYI

Cordelia Bunny
October 2009: Cordelia's first Halloween
I couldn't resist sharing this photo one more time. She is just so darn cute!

November 2009
November 2009: Eric and Cordelia
This is what life looks like on most evenings. My loves. My heart nearly explodes with joy when I see these two!

Photobucket
December 2009: Cordelia
So, the years ends with the completed picture...or at least the beginning of a new one. She is here. She is our daughter. We end the year in a new town, with a simplified lifestyle, as parents and more in love than ever. We are thankful for 2009 and we look forward to the joys to come in the new decade!

17 comments:

jumbleberryjam said...

What a gorgeous baby! I'm so glad I was around for most of these exciting events, but sad I missed the biggest of all! Still, happy to be here now and share in the joy of your 2009. Happy 2010!!

Emily said...

What a wonderful year you had! It was full of change and adventure and new experiences. I may have to steal your idea of looking back at pictures through the year on my blog today. I think it was the perfect way to reflect back on these last tweleve months. Happy New Year, my dear blog friend!

Chrissy said...

The look on your mama's face is priceless!... I love all of your pics... the music is beautiful, I remember when u posted it... Hey time for another bundle? (just kidding)
wow, now those tests actually have advanced to words? I was use to the + or - signs.. or a color ....damn, i am old...

Anonymous said...

oooooh....I am nearly weeping. Mom

Stacy said...

I sit here with tears in my eyes as I look at your year in review. How wonderful! Thanks you so much for sharing your life with all of us. May 2010 offer you double the blessing of 2009.

..... Carmen said...

What an amazing year you've had! Happy New Year to you, Eric, Cordelia & Bumblebee :)

PaisleyJade said...

So cool looking at your 2009 - and she is soooooo cute!

Jessica Harrington said...

wonderful recap of the year -

i can't wait to experience that feeling one day too...

i have loved peering into your life this past (half) year.

:)

Jenny said...

I loooooooooove this post!!!
By the way, I have an award for you at my blog! (Well it's in the works right now).

Daphne said...

What a fantastic post, and what a great year you've had! May the next decade bring you so much love and joy.

Hello Lindello said...

What a great year!

I love how you captured your mom in the moment. Nice work

Christina Lowry said...

A huge and wonderful year! Thank you for sharing it with us. Nothing beats having a baby does it? Wishing you all the best for 2010. Happy New Year! :)

Annie said...

Thank you for the lovely photos. Happy New Year!

the dwellers said...

Lovely post to end your lovely year! Thanks for sharing it.

I had a 'line in the sand' year once too. I also decided to stay home and welcome our first born baby. Ten years later, that is still the biggest, best, life-changing year that we have had.

Happy 2010 to the three of you.

AKM said...

What a great 2009 you had! Thanks for sharing all of it with us. Here's to an even better 2010, if that's even possible! :-)

Nikki Cardigan said...

What a great recount of a life-changing-fabulous year Maria. How wonderful to be so happy and in love with your husband, your daughter and your life.

Leah said...

What a wonderful and full year you had! I hope 2010 is just as wonderful. :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...