Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! Happy New Decade!

Well, good morning! It's 2010. Did you stay up to watch the ball drop? Were you at a party? What did you do? I did manage to ring in the new year, but in a very low key manner.

Eric and Cordelia

Eric and I dressed up last night, even though we were staying in with Cordelia and the crew (the crew means our cats Ophelia and Mia and Bumblebee our pooch). We had a lovely time and got Cordelia to sleep at a decent hour. We spent a lot of time discussing just how far we've come in the past year and wondering where the next year and decade might lead us. Later in the evening I fell asleep on Eric while we were watching Die Hard 2 on the couch and Eric woke me up about 5 minutes before midnight. So, technically I rang in the new year...but we were not party animals.

Photobucket

I have made a few resolutions and such, since I am a big fan of continually trying to improve myself. I also took an idea from Stacy and Eric and I came up with a theme for 2010, taken straight from The Rocky Horror Pictureshow (where all great wisdon comes from right?), our theme is Don't dream it, be it. Seems simple enough.
A few of my resolutions are as follows:
  • Run in a marathon...no need to win it.
  • Get back to yoga classes. I start taking them this month!!!
  • Eat only whole grain breads at home. We are not 100% on this one and I just want to get there.
  • Be the best mother I can be for Cordelia.
  • Do not trim my own hair...I am really not that good at it.
  • Be the best wife and friend that I can be for Eric.
  • Continue to pursue sewing skillz (yep, with a z)
I also won an award from Jenny, thanks! The reward requests that I spread the cheer, but I do not like to choose favorites...so if you read this consider yourself nominated!

Cordelia

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Happy New Year! Great goals... good luck!!

Swell Vintage - Frankie said...

Happy New Year, Maria! Your family is so beautiful, and I'm sure 2010 will be great for you x

..... Carmen said...

I'm excited for your first resolution - running a marathon is an amazing feat (not that I'm biased at all) ;) Sounds like you rang in the New Year in a perfect way :)

45+ and Aspiring said...

Love the last pic! Usually people only do that thing by mistake!! :) Happy New Year!

Annie said...

Oh, the last image... :-)

Anonymous said...

Is that a halo on Miss C in the last picture? It seems appropriate to me... Mom

AKM said...

Happy New Year! Love the halo. ;-)

I spent NYE at a Cowboy Mouth concert with my BFF and her hubby. They're my favorite band of all-time and I even got to hang out and get pictures with some of the band after the show! It definitely started out my year on a good note.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...