Thursday, December 17, 2009

Decorating, Twice

Sunday night we went to my parent's house and decorated the Christmas tree. The family tradition, since I can recall, is to blast John Denver and the Muppets whilst decorating. Each family member has their own duties....

Photobucket
Dad made weird comments and ridiculous jokes as he videotaped the events.

Photobucket
Mom snuggled with her sleeping granddaughter, a new duty.

Who knows what Sam and Eric were doing. Sam had a scarf wrapped around his head (to avoid pictures) and Eric was trying to get a picture of Sam. Eric was also busy making weird jokes with my Dad.

Photobucket

That left me to do a lot of the decorating. Sure, the others helped out, but there was a lot of lounging on their part, but that's just how it goes. Usually my mom is in on the action, but she was with Cordelia.

After the decorating is done we all sit around by the light of the Christmas tree and make each other laugh.

Then a few days later Eric and I decorated a tiny tree at our house. We again blasted John Denver and the Muppets as we went about our business of decorating.

Photobucket

So now we are full of Christmas spirit. Have you done your decorating?

8 comments:

affectioknit said...

Yep - we always get our tree the Friday after Thanksgiving and decorate that weekend...

Merry Christmas!

Dani said...

oooh pretty family :) And I love the photo of Bumblebee in the background! :D

Merry Christmas to you guys.

Nev

Christina Lowry said...

Every year we had to wait until the first of December to decorate the tree and the house and then we had to put it all away after New Years. Usually it was just my sister and I that we really into decorating the tree while everyone else sat around and chatted. :)

Annie said...

Oh no!!! I'm late again. We still have the spider from Halloween hanging in the living room.

Looks real cosy. :-)

Stacy said...

I am wavering on decorating... I leave town on the 23rd. I'm not sure it's worth it anymore...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Robin said...

You'd think after moving into a much bigger house we would go all crazy with the lights outside right??? nope.

Emily said...

Growing up we always decorated our tree the day after Thanksgiving. But now, we just decorate it whenever we can! Ours went up about 10 days ago and our girls had a lot of fun hanging the ornaments. That's something Miss Cordelia will love doing with you in a few years too!

Court said...

Wow you look like your mom. Yup. We got the Charlie Brown tree up. Though I am still missing a whole box of ornaments. Oh well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...