Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's Cold!!!!!!!!

So, it is really really cold here. When I say that I don't think I can really convey the level of frozen that we are currently experiencing here in this state. The weatherman was hoping to reach a high of 0 degrees Fahrenheit, but I don't believe we made it. Eric said that the thermometer at his work was reading -20 degrees Fahrenheit. It's the kind of cold that when you step outside your boogs freeze instantly. Oh please, you know exactly what I mean when I say that your boogs freeze.


Photobucket

It's so cold that:
  • When I went to open our back door it was frozen shut and I had to force it open.
  • Mia is sitting this/close to the space heater. See photo
  • Eric has taken to wearing a tech vest underneath his jacket.
  • Our heater is running pretty much non-stop. I anticipate a $1,000,000 bill next month
I am looking at it as an excuse to snuggle up and wear my most comfortable clothes, yay!
Is it crazy cold where you are?

14 comments:

Michelle said...

I was just thinking last night about how my heating bill next month is going to be sad and scary. It's "when you go outside it hurts to breathe cold"!

In fact - the weather channel said in a special weather statement about Casper today and tonight, "EXPOSED SKIN AT THESE TEMPERATURES CAN RESULT IN FROSTBITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA OR DEATH"

Yucky!

Genevieve said...

It's freezing cold here too, were trying to stay bundled up and drink lots of warm drinks.

Chrissy said...

Years ago I remember when our dog was so cold, that she was two feet from the fire in the fireplace...Your poor kitty.. At least she is safe inside... I do like that little space heater...

Emily said...

It's cold here too, but not THAT cold! I think our high is supposed to be 27, but with the wind chill it will feel like 0 degrees outside. I can hear the wind howling away right now. Make something warm to drink, and spend the day snuggled up!

ps- your space heater looks like it is smiling!

affectioknit said...

It IS cold here too - but I'm sure it will get colder - Stay warm...

AKM said...

Yes, it's cold here in St. Louis! 25 degrees! I wish I'd worn a sweater instead of long sleeves. I think if it's this cold, we should at least have snow to look at...and maybe get a snow day!

Keep warm and cook something that's hearty! I made lentil-TVP Sloppys last night and it was a great stick-to-your-ribs-and-get-warm meal.

Mason-Jezek Journal said...

Umm...yeah...Portales is in this frozen hell like state. Not sure I want to go out and do anything. But we aren't in -20 degrees...but for Portales it's freezy freeze.

mrs boo radley said...

Hilarious picture!

Beth said...

I guess this is the perk of living in AZ. 9 months of the year we have perfect weather. Its a bit chilly today and chilly to us is around 55 degrees..lol. I might crack if I was exposed to 0 degrees...lol

Jill said...

We are spoiled here in Northern California. Even though it is more chilly here than normal--it pales in comparison to what you guys are having.
Keep warm!

Robin said...

Yep..... very cold.

And I'm paying two heating bills!

Hello Lindello said...

Its cold and VERY windy here too! Bbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

ps. Be sure to check out my giveaway over at Hello Victory's blog! I think you would like it!

Tammie said...

here in florida its warm and humid. but we did get some rain within the last hour or so and that usually means cooler weather is on the way. hopefully.

..... Carmen said...

I'm not familiar at all with Farenheit, but I do know that that is awfully cold. We are just coming out of our cold snap and are sitting nicely around -12 C. Hopefully you guys start to get some warmer weather soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...