Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Weird Gift Tags

So, you know how you put a gift tag on a present, just saying the general information? For example a normal gift tag might read:

To: Maria
From: Mom and Dad

Well my family, specifically my dad, has a different tradition. He likes to come up with bizarre tags that hearken back to some recent event or inside joke. Usually I enjoy reading the tags almost as much as opening the present itself. This year was no exception.

Photobucket

Here is my favorite one from this year. It reads,
" To: Maria
From: Gentle Donkeys"

Now you may or may not know that I spend a lot of time talking about how I want to adopt a gentle donkey (read about it here). My dad thinks this is pretty funny so it was destined to make an appearance this Christmas. My dad is awesome.

Eric takes gift tags to a weird place. This year he addressed a card to me in the following manner:
"To: She who walks with Eagles
From: The Dragon of Wonder"

Your guess on that one is as good as mine. I should also mention that the card included images of unicorns and a castle. He said that it was a toss up between that one and a card with a Native American riding a tiger. Who comes up with these weird cards anyway???

Does your family do weird gift tags too? If so do you have a favorite from this year?

8 comments:

Dani said...

Hehe.. I like Eric's.

We like to give clues by writing something witty. This year's best comes from my dh's dad:

"Ocean Liner' for a 'War of the Worlds' DVD.. can you guess why? :p

Hello Lindello said...

I wish my family did weird gift tags! That is so funny.

affectioknit said...

My family doesn't really - but someone left several packages of lefse in the Church fridge for us marked to: us
from: Rudolf - and we have no idea who is was - now who do we write the Thank you card to...
...I think I'll post one on the bulletin board - to Rudolf...

Chrissy said...

No strange tags, but I like your husband's imagination... My BIL one year gave me a piece of coal... now that's a smarta** gift isn't it? How is that for wry humor?

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

hahaha, i love it- so funny. I never do that, its a good idea though

Emily said...

That is awesome! I love quirky traditions!

Stacy said...

I always get a gift from Santa.

Love the "gentle donkeys" tag!

AKM said...

Hee! Funny.

For my brother, I always write famous brother-and-sister pairings, like, "To Donny From Marie" or "To Ross From Monica." I do the same for my mom..."To Ma From Half-Pint" or "To Naomi From Wynonna." Yep, I'm a little off. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...