Friday, January 22, 2010

Project Update

Well, I know I told you I was nearly done with my first ever quilt and I am, but I have been having some sewing machine issues. I think I need to take it in to the shop. I have tried everything suggested in the manual. So now I am finishing off my quilt by hand. I am veryclose to being done and the end results will be posted ASAP.

In other news I went fabric and supply hunting at the local thrift stores. I found some zippers, bias tape and these great fabrics. I had a great time looking through vintage sheets and old tablecloths as well as fabric remnants. With the remnants I always wonder what their purpose was supposed to be and why they were never fully utilized.

Photobucket

I also had fun looking through the old craft books from the 60s, maybe not projects that I currently want to do (tin can shakers, lamps from boots, etc.), but it is interesting to see projects that were all the rage in the past. I wonder what trends will define our time?

Do you hunt for crafty supplies at thrift stores? What's your best ever find?

7 comments:

Hello Lindello said...

I love that fabric! I found this pretty vintage doilies once that my friend turned into framed spiderwebs. She used a little button for the spiders body. They were so pretty!

affectioknit said...

It always amazes me looking back like that - my best friend's Mom's kitchen has all aqua appliances - must have been all the rage in the early 60's...

sophie said...

Sometimes I do, it's so hit and miss. I love your haul, that first one is beautiful!

p.s can't wait to see your quilt!!

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

I look for linens at flea markets. I love what I find in hankies and tablecloths. Now, if only I could find some AWESOME vintage sheets.

Emily said...

My favorite fabric you picked out is the second from the top. I have a slight obsession with yellow.

When you come visit me down here or me up there (notice I said "when", not "if"!), we'll have to go thrifting together. FUN!

RunwithSticks said...

I love that you hunt through Thrift Stores - alas I've never quite had the patience for it. Can't wait to see your quilt and what you create with the treasures you have found!

Mama Veg said...

I love that you are vegan, crafty, and thrifty. I like to find fabric and frames at goodwill, oh, and clothes, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...