Friday, January 22, 2010

Project Update

Well, I know I told you I was nearly done with my first ever quilt and I am, but I have been having some sewing machine issues. I think I need to take it in to the shop. I have tried everything suggested in the manual. So now I am finishing off my quilt by hand. I am veryclose to being done and the end results will be posted ASAP.

In other news I went fabric and supply hunting at the local thrift stores. I found some zippers, bias tape and these great fabrics. I had a great time looking through vintage sheets and old tablecloths as well as fabric remnants. With the remnants I always wonder what their purpose was supposed to be and why they were never fully utilized.

Photobucket

I also had fun looking through the old craft books from the 60s, maybe not projects that I currently want to do (tin can shakers, lamps from boots, etc.), but it is interesting to see projects that were all the rage in the past. I wonder what trends will define our time?

Do you hunt for crafty supplies at thrift stores? What's your best ever find?

8 comments:

Hello Lindello said...

I love that fabric! I found this pretty vintage doilies once that my friend turned into framed spiderwebs. She used a little button for the spiders body. They were so pretty!

affectioknit said...

It always amazes me looking back like that - my best friend's Mom's kitchen has all aqua appliances - must have been all the rage in the early 60's...

sophie said...

Sometimes I do, it's so hit and miss. I love your haul, that first one is beautiful!

p.s can't wait to see your quilt!!

Stacy said...

I look for linens at flea markets. I love what I find in hankies and tablecloths. Now, if only I could find some AWESOME vintage sheets.

Emily said...

My favorite fabric you picked out is the second from the top. I have a slight obsession with yellow.

When you come visit me down here or me up there (notice I said "when", not "if"!), we'll have to go thrifting together. FUN!

..... Carmen said...

I love that you hunt through Thrift Stores - alas I've never quite had the patience for it. Can't wait to see your quilt and what you create with the treasures you have found!

Robin said...

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Mama Veg said...

I love that you are vegan, crafty, and thrifty. I like to find fabric and frames at goodwill, oh, and clothes, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...