Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mind the Gap

Do you remember when your adult teeth came in? I do. I particularly recall the fact that I still had a gap between my front teeth. I thought maybe it would go away with a bigger set of adult chompers, but alas I still had the gap. Now the gap wasn't Elton John or Madonna big, but it was big enough that I never needed to floss between my front teeth.

Eventually I came to love my gap. I learned that I had a special power. I could shoot water great distances through the gap, kind of like my own personal squirt gun. My record is about 20 feet with accuracy too!

Shooting water

It was the water squirting super powers that first impressed my young nephews. I was new to Eric's family and I quickly became a "cool aunt" because I could shoot that water through my teeth. The power became my party trick.

I have come to take my gap for granted. I assumed it would always be there, but the gap has been narrowing more and more. Last week I flossed between my two front teeth...unprecedented. Apparently I am getting in my wisdom teeth and they are slowly pushing the gap together. I can still shoot the water through my teeth, but I fear my accuracy has been impacted. I am going to the dentist next month, but by then it may be too late.

Don't worry, I have a back up plan. I can still impress my nephews with my ability to touch my nose with my tongue, although it is admittedly lacking an element of danger.

Do you have any hidden talents?

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

Awesome water squirting ability! My sister can touch her nose too...

..... Carmen said...

I can't believe you have a photo of that - lol. You're too funny :)

Robin said...

I'm getting my wisdom teeth in right now too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...