Saturday, June 26, 2010

Art Festival

Last night we decided to brave the heat and go out in public. I am beginning to feel a bit like a yeti because I am unintentionally reclusive, the whole stay at home mom thing coupled with the avoidance of heat over 90 degrees (who are we kidding 80 degrees). Anyway, there is an art festival going on right now and we decided to go to the opening night party. There were booths and bands and lots of people.

E and C at fest

We met up with our new friend Zhanna. She's Russian and it seems as though she manages to fit in a lot more z's and hard h's into conversation. Her eight year old son joined us as well, he has an American accent and I am told often corrects his mother's pronunciation.

C and M at Fest

We strolled around the art museum looking over the new exhibits and then we walked around outside. While we were wandering it hit me that we know a lot more people than we did a year ago. We could hardly walk two feet before running into friends or friendly faces.

E and C at fest

Finally we settled in the grass and listened to some local music. I will say that the highlight was a young boy, maybe 7 years old, he had a buzz cut and was only wearing shorts. He got up right in front of the band and rocked out on air guitar and head banging. Then he ran over to his dad and gave him a high five.

Fest

It was a wonderful evening out, the kind of night that made us feel part of the community we are living in. What did you do last night?

5 comments:

Emily said...

We love any kind of local festival for that same "being part of the community" feeling. Last night we stayed home, played with the kids, put them to bed, and then I sat on my bed and finished my book. We thought about going outside to take a walk, but it is already 100 degrees here. Seriously hot!

Stacy said...

Yay for lots 'o friends!! I love local festivals like that too.... just awesome.

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

Alex and I played Mexican Train Dominoes with our friend Kenny Presto (he's a professional magician) and I made a necklace - wish you could see it - you'd be so proud of me!

affectioknit said...

That looks like a lot of fun - We love Art Fesitvals - we went for a lllooonnnggg bike ride last night...

Hello Lindello said...

You guys look so cute. We went to an art fair this weekend too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...