Friday, June 25, 2010

One of Those Days...Or Was it?

The day started off normally enough. I usually have an inkling when it's going to be one of those kind of days. You know what I'm talking about.

Usually the first clue is when my clothes don't fit properly, just sets me off on the wrong foot. This has been a serious omen from childhood when I would obsess over the seams in my socks. In case you are wondering the seam had to go over the top of my toes, not under the toenail line (never there!) and the seam couldn't be too thick. I was very serious about this and there are several childhood meltdown stories centered around this. Anyway, yesterday my clothes fit just fine, cute even, so I couldn't have possibly seen it coming.

Then things started to go wrong...

First I forgot to put sunblock on my left arm and it was sunburned.

The day quickly became sticky hot.

Cordelia discovered the dog water bowl...I think you can guess where that ended (or continues).

Cordelia was pretty much on a mission to hurt herself and I was just pleased to avoid serious injury.

There was other stuff too.

Then Eric was side swiped in our car. He was just fine, but it doesn't look good for Empress Shasta, our car.

Car

Now before you think I am complaining just hold yer horses (FYI: I live in Wyoming, I can say that).

You see it was one of those kind of days, but it just didn't really matter...at all. Maybe our car is totaled. Maybe I will get skin cancer from my sunburn (hopefully not), but there were so many good things about yesterday.

My right arm was not sunburned.

We have fans so the heat was easily controlled, plus it was just another excuse to have pink lemonade.

Cordelia was so happy to play in the pond of dog water on the floor. I was a little grossed out by the water to Bumblebee drool ratio, but she just loved it.

Cordelia wasn't hurt and I am quickly honing my protective mother skills.

The other stuff doesn't matter.

Eric was not hurt at all in the car accident and that is the most important part of all!

Girl

So you see it's all about perspective and it was a great day to have some perspective, thank goodness.

6 comments:

eLiZaBeTh said...

If you even knew the week that I have had...I should have known that it was going to be one of those weeks! But I still managed to laugh at the ridiculousness of it all, even when it wasn't really that funny...

Sarah Kramer said...

:)

AKM said...

I love your positivity and your optimism. Really, I HAVE to check in here to get my daily dose of cheer that only you can provide, dear!

MWAH! Have a blessed weekend.

elizabeth said...

so glad that eric wasn't hurt.
so glad that you weren't having a clothes wrinkly sort of day to start it all off.
and no worries about bumblebee drool - don't dogs have really clean mouths? and water is one of the easiest messes ever to clean up. :)

we say "hold yer horses" here in minnesota, too. :)

love your little lady!

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

So true - perspective is key. It's tough work for me to remember that sometimes. Thanks for being a good example of glass-half-full-ness!

Stacy said...

I can see why dog water bowls would be fun for a little kid, especially on a hot day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...