Sunday, June 27, 2010

Response to a Bad Joke

My family is pretty notorious for telling ridiculous jokes and puns, often the teller of the joke is the one most amused by his/her own ingenuity. Recently I had the good fortune to capture the delivery and reaction of a joke. The teller is my father and the unfortunate recipient of the dumb joke was my mother.

Step One: The dumb joke is told

Step Two: Dad is pleased with himself. My mother looks to Eric, just outside of the frame, for an answer. I think her question may have been, "Why did he tell such a dumb joke, WHY?"

Questions


Step Three: Dad looks to Eric (just out of the frame) for props. Mom may be trying to tear out her own hair...probably she was just really horrified that Eric and my dad were laughing at such a stupid joke. I may or may not have been laughing so hard that I was crying a little bit.

Happiness:Shock

Step Four: My mother seems to painfully resign to the fact that she cannot un-hear that ridiculous joke. She is awash in emotion and what might be actual pain caused by the joke.

Disappointment

8 comments:

Chrissy said...

what women put up with.. i know exactly what your mom is/was going thru...lol

Stacy said...

Ha ha ha... bad jokes are also a staple in my family. So, I'd probably laugh too.

Emily said...

The looks you captured on your parents' faces are priceless!

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

hilarious! totally love your dad's facials!

sophie said...

that's funny!! we also sit on the floor and not on the lounge...strange!!

AKM said...

HA! Your family is hilarious.

Robin said...

So what was the bad joke?

elizabeth said...

i am laughing. :)
i love it! - what emily said. :)
and i'm also cracking up just a little that they are sitting on the floor, not those comfy looking pieces of furniture . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...