Monday, June 28, 2010

A Few Things

Magpie in Bozeman
Magpie in Bozeman
We returned from our trip to Montana to discover that Al Roker from the Today show was visiting Bozeman only a few days later. That would've been newscaster gold I tell you! In case you're just joining us I am obsessed with newscaster sightings (see here, here, and here for just a few examples). Instead we passed Al Roker like ships in the night. Eric was fortunate enough to spot four newscasters the other night when he was at a game with my dad and brother. Oh and I should mention that we had a newscaster sighting while we were in Missoula, we spotted their Queen Bee. Maybe we should start a newscaster scrapbook...OK I'm totally kidding, that would be creepy...or am I kidding?

It's been hot here, kind of like the surface of the sun if you are wanting a mental picture. In the evenings Eric, Cordelia and I sort of melt into little human puddles. Last night, in an effort to make sure the animals were cool enough (we don't have a/c) I dribbled water down onto them from a soaking wet washrag. Bumblebee was thrilled about it and began joyfully rubbing her face in the carpet with her rear in the air, that's just her way. The cats reacted in horror, how could I possibly do something so undignified. They ran from me and regrouped in a little cat conference, comforting each other.

The other day Eric was on a musical journey through youtube and he stumbled upon a video. Have you seen The Neverending Story? If you haven't then you might find this interesting, but if you have seen it then you MUST watch the video, it's HILARIOUS! I can't embed the video in my blog so click this link and you can see it. Did you know that the song was written by Limahl? Neither did I, because I didn't know Limahl existed until just now, but he is special I tell you. How could he not be special he goes by one name, like Oprah? I would love it if people who can go by one name had an annual conference, that would just be awesome. Imagine that conference, Sir Elton, Beyonce, Barack, Kylie, Rhianna, Tiger, Donovan, Madonna, Yoko, Princess Di, Basquiat. I wonder if there would be an opposite conference for people who can go only by their last names...just spit balling here.

Cordelia is so close to walking. We've both seen her take a tentative step or two, but nothing consistent. I mean thisclose. I am encouraging it, but kind of hoping that it stays away for a little bit longer, this crawling thing already is wearing me out and we know what comes after walking...running. The Cordelia stats are as follows: crawling in a crablike fashion, standing, creeping, some climbing, one actual word and several sounds with meaning that aren't actually words, no teeth, big cheeks, little hair, favorite toy is currently the dog leash.

What's going on with you?

6 comments:

Stacy said...

I feel you on the heat. Rosy does the same little dance. And I also feed her ice cubes. She finds them delightful to play with!

Emily said...

We melt into puddles by noon, but we do have a/c so that helps. I love the idea of the one name conference. Think of how easy making the nametags would be! Ha!

Tammie said...

the theme song to the neverending story is one of those songs that is almost always on the periphery of my brain. like, if i see a dog that looks like falcor, ill start humming it. i never knew it was by limahl though....im guessing limahl didnt have any more hit songs.

Robin said...

We are melting here too!

Momma CupKate said...

TO a speech-language pathologist, sounds with meanings are counted as words. Thus, if she were to be evaluated, she'd do better than you'd expect. Fun little tidbit.

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

Oh my god! I love the Neverending Story. This is hilarious...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...