Friday, August 20, 2010

First Thing in the Morning

I love the morning. I live for the mornings, always have. I wake up and the day is filled with promise. Yep, I'm one of those obnoxious morning folk. Unfortunately for my husband I married a non-morning person. For years while we were in college I would stay up late with him and I would try my hardest to sleep in just like a normal person. I would roll around in bed waiting for the time to pass. When I felt as though it were late enough I would give up and get up, then the waiting game would begin. I would go out into the living room and wait for Eric to wake up. Sure I am totally capable of doing my own thing, and I would, but I was always anxious for my best friend (aww so sweet) to join me. I would try really hard to let him be and more often than not I could...there are also the shameful times when I would start cooking breakfast and mabye do it a little more loudly than was necessary (sorry Eric).

Fast forward to a baby and then pass through the fog of feeding every hour, when day and night have no meaning beyond allowing one to view their own baby in different light. Cordelia does look lovely at 3 in the morning in case you wanted to know. Anyway, my time as come! We are now in a sweet spot, one I've been waiting for. We are all up and going first thing in the a.m. Our mornings are full of life and plans, it's wonderful!

the hat
The hat, by popular demand

We started out the morning with a photo shoot of the hat made by Keia. Thanks again.

reading
Reading

Then Eric got suckered into reading Baby Manatee for the ten billionth time. My mother got Baby Manatee for Cordelia on a work trip to Florida a while back. She knows that I love manatees (the gentle donkey of the sea) and she was just facilitating the early relationship between Cordelia and the world of the manatee.

spooning
Spooning

I think the photo speaks for itself.

oatmeal
Oatmeal

We had some breakfast. Oatmeal, whole grain toast, and sweet sweet oj. Well, truthfully Eric had V8. He loves the stuff and I swear it tastes like I imagine scabs would taste...sorry it's just the truth.

breakfast
Feet on the table

Cordelia likes to put her feet on the tray while she eats and chats. I like her style.

What was your morning like today?

Also, I was given an award by Kirsten, thanks! I am supposed to share 7 bits-o-info (done in the post above) and to share my award and pass it along to 7 other bloggers, but as you know I hate choosing favorites because I have so many lovely blogger friends, so consider yourself nominated! I'd love to learn more about you, as always!

Versatile_Blogger_Award_thumb[1]


9 comments:

affectioknit said...

Sweet hat! I hope Bumblebee is all better now...

Tammie said...

isnt V8 the worst?!? my husband loves it and i gag a bit every time he drinks it. i think your description about scabs is spot on.

Emily said...

Love the hat! And is it me or has Cordelia's hair grown a lot longer all of a sudden? I love mornings too. But only after a good night's sleep. If I don't get enough sleep, I can be a bit of a grouch, but I'm working on that. This morning we had cinnamon rolls and then scurried out the door to school. This is our new normal now.

Maria Rose said...

Yes, Emily, thanks for noticing--Cordelia has suddenly grown some hair!

..... Carmen said...

The photo of Cordelia made me smile :) Aidan puts his foot up on the tray too while he eats and talks :)

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

I am SO a morning person too, it annoys the hubs a bit actually....he is a night owl.

EEEK! the hat is so cute on her!

Momma CupKate said...

Such a doll is Cordelia!

Sarah Kramer said...

Mmmmm. I love V8!

Robin said...

I'm with ya, on the V8. Yuck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...