Friday, August 20, 2010

You're Fiiiiine!!!

Yesterday was a good day for Eric's ego. We all need--and deserve-- a day like that I think, but yesterday was his day to shine. The day did not start out with much promise. We had some trouble with electronic pieces of our car and it seemed as though it would be a couple of hundred smackeroos to fix it. We left the car alone for a bit and Eric was in something of a dark mood about the car for much of the afternoon.

Cool specs
Old photo, but I am sure he was feeling cool in this photo so I think it applies to this post.

Then we got a call requesting that Eric come and help at my dad's office. They needed a computer guy STAT. So, he showed up and fixed the problem, and then some, in a matter of minutes. He didn't pat himself on the back, but I think he couldn't have been judged had he done so.

Maybe it was the heady rush of solving the computer problem or maybe he'd just gone cray-zay, but we came home and he fixed that electrical problem in the car. Man alive he was riding high after that, feeling like Mr. Fix It. Well, deserved I thought.

Then as Cordelia was eating dinner she was laughing at his comedic stylings like he was the most HILARIOUS person to ever live, further inflating his ego. I would also like to mention that Eric's comedy routine included his own Wyoming version of the robot moonwalk.

Finally, at dusk Eric took Miss Bumblebee out so she could (ahem) poop. Cordelia and I were at the window looking out (to wave at Eric, not to watch the show). Across the street a car full of teenage girls pulled up to the stop and one girl screamed, and I mean screamed not yelled, at the top of her lungs, "Hey you with the dog, you're fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!"


7 comments:

Gypsy said...

AND, he maybe didn't tell you that when I saw him last night I complimented his looks. I just thought he was looking especially handsome...didn't know anything about his day.

hillums said...

mmmmmhm hi eric!

Emily said...

Solving the car problem gets high marks in my book! Wow!

On my way Home... said...

thanks for sharing! i haven't laughed out loud at a blog post in a long time!

Robin said...

Hahahahahah! That was awesome!

AKM said...

Yep, you're all a good-lookin' bunch, and the teenager agree! HA! Funny post!

sophie said...

That is just such a cool post - go Eric! you must have felt like one lucky lady having your hubby so celebrated!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...