Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Scatter Brain

Recently I have developed this strange habit of losing Eric's keys, not my keys, his. I leave them all over the place and I have no idea why. I am totally unaware of what I'm doing when I have his keys in my hand. Yesterday, after a thorough search, it was revealed that I put his keys underneath a dishtowel on the kitchen counter. The day before that they were under a stack of books.

The worst part is that when Eric can't find his keys he comes straight to me (he is not the type to lose keys) and I say, with a touch of indignation," I didn't do anything with your keys." Then I feel a cold shiver when I realize that I did do something with his keys and I have no idea where I left them. So the search begins. Thankfully we don't live in a mansion and they eventually turn up.

Eric

I am generally a scattered person. I like to think of it as lovably scattered, but I am sure it can be maddening. Eric has developed his own coping strategies. When it's time to leave the house I always run around like a nut, searching for my own keys, phone, purse, whatever. Eric generally has already gathered them up and he just doles them out to me as I ask, "Have you seen my ____?"

I am very thankful that he is so patient and good natured about this. Perhaps it's a balance in his hyper organized mind. Whatever it may be I am sure happy that he understands I will continue to lose his keys for the rest of our lives.

6 comments:

affectioknit said...

Funny! I almost never leave the house without coming back inside for at least one item that I've forgotten - at least I usually remember before we get out of the driveway...hehe...

AKM said...

Wow, I would have never guessed that you're a scatterbrain! At least you've got me fooled, ha ha! It's so cute to learn how two spouses complements each other.

Robin said...

The roles are reversed at my house!

eLiZaBeTh said...

Okay, so how are you never late???? I do the same thing and I have to seriously F-O-C-U-S when I get home to make sure that I hang up my keys, put my purse away, etc., so that I don't have to look for things when I leave the house. I am still late though...every time!!

Maria Rose said...

Elizabeth, I start my frantic scramble early. I do make it a priority to be punctual. So if I can't get my poop in a group when it's time to go I just go anyway, leaving cell phone, or what have you, behind.

Stacy said...

Eric's a winner. You're a lucky lady.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...