Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Kindness Bandit: Jenny the Donkey

kb

Have you heard of Best Friends Animal Society? They are an organization in Utah dedicated to eradicating the homeless pet problem in America. They are a large organization with many elements including: rescue, adoption, outreach and education. I highly recommend that you take a moment to peruse their site. While I was at their website I decided that the Kindness Bandit might be of some assistance.

1106_JennyStory_FB

I wish that they would allow a gentle donkey in our rental, but alas they will not. So I decided to get involved in an ongoing monthly sponsorship. I chose to adopt Jenny, read more about her here. I know all too well how desperately animal rescue organizations need help in the form of food, bedding and cash donations. If you are interested in helping you can sponsor an animal through Best Friends for as little as $5 a month, or you can choose something in your own community!

I invite you to submit your Kindness Bandit deeds (with photos if at all possible) and I will feature them on an upcoming posting of the Kindness Bandit. Just remember to be creative and to be kind! Additionally, I will link to your blog or website.Please submit your Kindness Bandit activities to maria @ planetwimmer.com
In the mean time I will continue on with the Kindness Bandit as always!!!

6 comments:

AKM said...

I cannot lovelovelove this Kindness Bandit post enough! I love animal sanctuaries and I give to them whenever I can. I am also in love with pigs and now I'm sponsoring Penelope thanks to your post! Jenny is darling...I just want to pet her! Thanks again for bringing this great idea to all of us.

affectioknit said...

What a sweetie!

Maria Rose said...

AKM,

You made my day!

Momma CupKate said...

Second AKM!

Emily said...

Sweet Jenny. What a cute face!

the mountain fox said...

Great idea Kindness Bandit!
I give to http://www.dogsindistress.org/ If you look it will break your heart. Ireland has a huge amount of innocent dogs put down every year.
Jenny looks lovely.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...