Monday, February 14, 2011

Kindness Bandit: Help Part 2 of 3

kb

Well I really need to start today's Kindness Bandit with a huge
thank you
(see it is literally a huge thank you because of the fancy font)! Last week when I asked for a little help I was expecting maybe a couple of responses, but I had over a dozen people from all over the world offer their support. I can't even begin to express my heartfelt gratitude. I will never lose faith that I live in a world with good and decent people. Thank you so very much!

So, now I am getting it all together as I contribute my own gifts and wait for yours to come in. I have decided that the best way to deliver the package of assembled gifts will be to mail it with a note that reads:

Here are a few things we thought you could use. Please pass on whatever you can't make good use of.

My goal with this note is to have her think that perhaps a friend delivered it and just forgot to add his/her name. I don't want this family to think that they've been noticed as being in need of charity. I would hate to embarrass them!

This week I am making up a few gifts and adding my own special touch to this rather large project. I can't wait to see what you have all come up with. If you still want to contribute it is not too late, just send me an email and I will get you the info.

Thanks again! I really mean it!

7 comments:

AKM said...

My mom and I are gathering up some things and I hope to have it mailed by Thursday. Thanks again for organizing this project!

affectioknit said...

so very...kind...

Soley said...

Package went in the mail yesterday.

Robin said...

Package is on the way today!

Tammie said...

im compiling my things today and hope to get it to the post office today or tomorrow.

im glad youre doing this all on the downlow. i was a bit worried about making the family feel bad too.

Momma CupKate said...

Wouldn't be cool if we kept doing this as an online community? Maybe organized a box in September for a college student who's struggling. Create costumes for a family who might not be able to otherwise for October, etc.

Tammie said...

ok, i think ive officially caught up with your blog. yay! i hate getting so far behind. anyhoo, i mailed my package out on thursday, but i did send it parcel post so it will probably take its time getting to you. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...