Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Kindness Bandit: Random Compliments

kb

I decided to go old school, and free, with my Kindness Bandit efforts this week. I have always felt comfortable giving people compliments, but more often than not I get distracted and don't take that moment to let the compliment come out of my mouth. So, this week I have been giving mindful compliments to random strangers--a minimum of one a day. I can always find something to compliment on a person; so I look for it whether it is the speedy way they bag groceries or the happy smile on the young lady passing by me in the store.

I am getting so much out of this little project that I hope to just make it part of who I am. I love seeing that person's face light up as they receive the compliment. I have had that happen to me a time or two and those compliments stick with me still.

Have you ever tried it? Care to join me on my one-a-day project?

1 comment:

Tammie said...

i love giving random compliments but dont often do it as much id like to. the thing that strikes me about random compliments is that people are always so shocked when you give them, so its obvious that people just really dont give/get them. im going to make a point to do it more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...