Friday, March 25, 2011

Today is the Day!

Yesterday was one of those super busy days. You know the days where you go and go and go and then you fall into an exhausted heap late in the evening. Yep, it was one of those---but it was so worth it.

We both woke up with sore throats, no huge surprise that we are feeling under the weather because we've just been going and going, plus Cordelia was ill earlier this week. Eric and I both powered through with just a bit of whining. I spent the morning on the phone, going through the motions that will (hopefully) result in home ownership. There was a blizzard of files and paperwork.

Eric spent the day doing interviews for his work. I think he said that he gave 3 interviews in all. Now remember I just told you that he has a sore throat, so endless talking was no big help to his cause. He was on the news last night and will be in a couple of paper interviews too. He's famous (and dreamy).

Anyway, the day drew on and I had to teach my class- a three hour lecture class! I told my students that it felt like the devil had opened up a second hell in my throat and I powered through it. When my class was over we'd gotten through Impressionism and my voice was just giving out on me.

While I was in class my mother kindly watched our little lady so Eric could go and hang up/ arrange the entire show! He sent me text updates of the progress which I checked while I let the class have a break. He was at it until late in the evening.

showteaser
Show Teaser: Photo by Reed Merschat

We made it home last night and inhaled some vegan sandwiches. There was a little talking, but mostly we just wanted a little rest for our throats. Sometime after that I was asleep, thankful that we'd made it through such a busy and rewarding day!

For the record, we are both a bit under the weather still but we are way too excited about the opening tonight to bother ourselves with silly illness.

Full update tomorrow!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you'll both be feeling better soon, and enjoy your opening tonight!! Congratulations!!

Anne Marie

affectioknit said...

Have an AWESOME show! very best wishes!...

Robin said...

Have fun! Wish I could be there!

Kathryn Ashcroft said...

Ooooh I love the picture... CANNOT wait to see more xx
Ps hope you feel better soon

AKM said...

Yay for the show! I know people will be amazed.

Emily said...

Good luck with everything tonight! We have your postcard on the fridge, and we wish we lived closer so we could come! Can't wait for an update tomorrow. :)

singlemama said...

best wishes!!!!

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

your bird looks amazing, and good luck on the home ownership!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...