Thursday, May 19, 2011

Confused

I awoke to the sounds of a downpour. I could hear the raindrops beating down on our roof. I know it had been going all night as I seem to have noted a sort of thumping, almost rhythmic, beat somewhere deep in my subconscious. I started the morning routine and then it was like something was suddenly missing. Oh yes, the sound of the rain was gone. I glanced out the window on this morning of May 19th and discovered that the rain had temporarily changed to snow in the early morning light.

trees

snow and strawberry blossom

That is Wyoming for you. My husband said that he recently met with a senior citizen at his work who said that since coming to Wyoming he had never seen the same weather two consecutive days.

snow and grass

ball

I am not frantic about the snow, it will all melt off before late morning. I won't be wearing socks today. Maybe that's just a weird thing that happens to people who live in this climate (denial). Or maybe I am just used to the weather by now. Either way I will march on and pretend that there is no threat of snow until sometime in December (ha ha).

Snow on young leaves

Is there snow where you live?

5 comments:

Kate said...

No snow, no rain. We're aching for it. Just read this post to the Mister who says he wishes he were there. (His last name means "North man".)

kirsten said...

Strange and neat at the same time.

AKM said...

I wish. No, our snow is pretty much done until Nov/Dec. Enter the ubiquitous St. Louis heat and humidity! Bah. :-)

affectioknit said...

Funny weather! we don't have any more snow (it's not unheard of though) - the problem now is flooding...

Carmen said...

No snow here - but rain today :) Am hoping we won't see snow again til October - ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...