Friday, May 20, 2011

Our First Guest

Today is a very exciting day! My friend Emily is coming for a weekend visit! She and I have never actually met so this is something of a leap of faith on both of our parts (we each hope the other isn't actually a 50 year old male truck driver, just kidding I know she's not). We know each other through years of blogging, but this is our first actual face to face meeting. Strange because I know her, but I don't know the sound of her voice. So true with many of my blogging friends out there and vice versa. For all you know I could have a super deep voice (I don't...or do I).

Last night we finished prepping for the visit. The guest room is mostly done.

bed2

bed3

table

bed

window

Cordelia and I made a sign to greet her with. The airport is small, so there is little doubt that she could miss us...but it seemed fun!

sign

What are you up to this weekend?

13 comments:

affectioknit said...

That is so AWESOME!

Tammie said...

ooh the first time meeting of bloggy friends is always good fun. and exciting. good luck!

and the room looks great.

AKM said...

What a pretty room! Susan the Elder! :-)

I'm having Party Weekend, which is really my birthday weekend, but I'm pretending it isn't because I'm old. ;-) We're doing lunch, church, and a German Fest tomorrow, and a champagne brunch on Sunday. The weather may not cooperate, but I'll not let it dampen my spirits, pun intended.

Have a great visit with Emily!

the mountain fox said...

The room looks lovely! Have a super weekend!

Jennifer said...

I love that color!! Might be painting my spare room that shade now... :-)

the mountain fox said...

The room looks lovely! Have a super weekend!

Alisha said...

That is so interesting...meeting friends through blogging and then visiting their house for the weekend. I know it's more and more common these days. Heck, internet dating used to sound strange to me, but it seems totally normal now.

Orlando Rivercow said...

Loooove the wall color! How nice for Emily..btw, you have a lovely voice, distinctive, and strong, with a lyrical quality...i can hear it now xo

Susan S said...

And she's not a male trucker! Yay!

Kate said...

My computer was loading slowly, so I refreshed the page and the GORGEOUS guest room popped up. Not kidding, my jaw dropped and I gasped. It's so sweet and cosy! She's going to feel so welcomed. Have a lovely visit!

Janna Renee said...

it looks lovely! y'all have fun!

sophie said...

The guestroom looks amazing! The colour of the walls is so serene!

pepper said...

oh! I have a guest room in my new house, and am loking forward to making it pretty and welcoming like yours! Hope you guys had an ace time :)
Pepper x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...