Friday, August 12, 2011

Embarrassed...Meh

Sitting on the blanket

Are you ever asked what your most embarrassing moment is?I get that question asked pretty frequently. Perhaps people just assume that I have many of them. Well, the assumption is well founded. I have so many embarrassing moments that I generally forget to even be embarrassed at this point.


Recently I did have one that put me over the edge. I was having lunch with my parents at the church (remember my dad is a pastor). Anyway, we were all hanging in his office. I let out a belch...one of my hidden talents is my ability to shake the earth with my burping (you've probably felt it at some point). I did it without thinking. My mother said she didn't even realize it had happened (because I do it so often). My daughter was asleep and slept through it because she is so used to it.

Then I looked up and there was a parishioner in the back office, he was doing some office work, not expecting to be assaulted with an earth moving burp. Seriously I think I probably interfered with the rotation of the earth. We made eye contact. There was no way that he hadn't heard it. He probably even felt the power blast. He didn't say anything, just kind of hurried out probably headed to the doctor to check his hearing. I just laughed. My dad laughed. My mother who hadn't registered the burp just looked around confused.

So I wasn't really embarrassed, but it was noteworthy. I suppose a more dignified person would probably be mortified, but here I am sharing it with you...

Care to hear some more of my embarrassing moments? Click here

3 comments:

Susan S said...

...ah, my delicate beauty of a daughter...looks can be deceiving! (and I wouldn't want you to change!)

Emily said...

At least it was a burp and didn't come out the other end! Ha!

Lemonade-Diet said...

embarrassment is something everyone goes through at some time...some more than others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...