I woke up at 5:30 this morning. The sky was just beginning to lighten I could see through our curtains. I heard the sound of mechanical crickets---Eric's cell phone alarm went off. He had to go to work a bit early today. I missed our morning routine. I miss him this morning...
I am one of those fortunate enough to be married to their best friend. Eric and I have been a couple since I was 16 and he was 17. We have been a couple for nearly 14 years, married for more than 10. I am not sure how that time has passed so quickly, but I can say with certainty that things have only gotten better. Don't believe that nonsense about love fading or the seven year itch, all wrong if you are married to your best friend.
Since I am on the subject I thought I might share some of the things that make Eric so amazing...
1) He does the right thing. He has a strong sense of what is right and wrong and I can always rely on him to act on that sense.
2) You may have already noticed, but he is super dreamy.
3) He's been on the NEWS! If you are new to this blog then I should prepare you that we are obsessed with newscasters.
4) He is a a great listener. I am not a huge talker (funny that I never seem to run out of things to write about). I tend to work through things internally, but when I need to talk I need to talk. Eric is always there to listen, to really just lend an ear and only offer insight when called upon. Yes, he is also a great talker.
5)He makes me laugh...a lot!
For the record this is a picture from last Halloween, you may recall we went as Star Trek Vampires.
6) He inspires me. He will inspire you too if you let him. Seriously the guy can inspire anyone!
7) He is always doing something interesting. Yesterday he was a judge for an art exhibition, went to Tae Kwon Do, then worked as a curator before coming home to go thrifting with me (we were hunting for bad art to enter into the bad art show, more on that to come), then he worked on an art film project, before relaxing with his girls.
8) He is smart. He has the degrees to prove it, if you're into that kind of thing.
9) He is crazy talented. He is a musician. Photographer. Painter. Film maker. Writer. I could go on and on and on....
10) He is a great father! Cordelia adores him.
Thanks for indulging me this morning.