Thursday, September 29, 2011

Today is TWO-DAY!!!

Two years ago today we met Cordelia for the first time, face to face (read here). The first amazing year passed quickly as we settled into life as a family...life in general for Cordelia. Click here to see a photo review of year one. Just like that we were celebrating her very first birthday (read here). Now another year has come and gone. The little baby that was placed into my arms a mere 730 days ago has grown into a spirited little lady.

Now she is a tiny little kid, learning the ropes of childhood. Last week I tried to put a hat on her and she said, "No Mama, [that] hat is for babies." I am not sure why she thought that, but obviously she no longer believes herself to be a baby. I am so happy to embrace this wonderful period of her life, full of new adventure and lots (LOTS) of talking as she narrates every episode of her life.

Still, how wonderful it is to look back on this amazing year with Cordelia. Watch as she turns from a baby into a toddler in just one year...

September 2010
September 2010: Photo from Cordelia's first birthday.

October 2010
October 2010: Halloween

November 2010
November 2010: She is wearing a dress that my mother made for me when I was a baby.

December 2010
December 2010: Christmas dress

January 2011
January 2011: Learning to color---kind of

February 2011
February 2011: Valentine

March 2011
March 2011: The infamous blue coat makes a debut

April 2011
April 2011: Morning at a hotel in Durango.

May 2011
May 2011: Enjoying her new home...begins to wear buckets.

June 2011
June 2011: Silly and sweet girl

August 2011
July 2011: Sense of style begins to emerge.

North Carolina
August 2011: Visit to North Carolina to visit Uncle Ben and Sara.

SePtember 2011
September 2011: Pirate girl

So, here we are! Two years old. I still cannot believe what an amazing gift she is in our lives. I am filled with gratitude that I get to mother this amazing, brilliant, hilarious, sweet sweet girl. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CORDELIA!!!

17 comments:

Kirsten said...

Happy birthday little girly!

Susan said...

We're even...you made me cry also! She is just soooooo beautiful, like her Mom.

Roxee said...

I am your 166th member, although I have been "following" your site manually by clicking on it every day!
So let's see what "following" really means.

AKM said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CORDELIA!! YAY!!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday to your little Cordelia!! How much she has grown in a year! They tend to do that! =)

On my way Home... said...

Happy Birthday Cordelia!

Stacy said...

Happy birthday Pirate Girl!

singlemama said...

happy birthday to the sweetiest little girl ever!!!!! <3

Carmen said...

Happy birthday to Cordelia!

elizabeth said...

oh. she is so sweet!
i hope you are having a rockin' awesome day of celebrating her! :)

Victoria said...

Oh! How they grow!!! Happy Birthday Sweet Cordelia!!
ps..i agree with your mom xoxo

Nicole Elizabeth said...

Oh my oh my, what a precious girl! Time flies when you're having fun!!!

Nicole Elizabeth said...

Also I know this is totally random but I really love your polar bear hat in the shop. Would it be possible to get 2 of them (one for both kiddos) with chin straps to tie them on (I've got wiley kids)??? I'd be willing to pay extra!

Kate said...

Best birthday wishes!

Soley said...

Happy Birthday Cordie!!

sophie said...

have a very happy birthday sweet Cordelia - I have enjoyed watching you grow!

AKM said...

I forgot to mention that the coolest people wear buckets on their heads, BTW.

AKM, former childhood bucket-wearer (we have DOZENS of pictures to prove it)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...