Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Godmother

Cordelia has been eagerly awaiting Erin's arrival. She has been counting the days. She has been asking if Erin was coming on a plane, if she was going to fly up high in the sky (though she pronounces it squy).

Erin arrived late Monday evening, after Cordelia had gone to bed. So, on Tuesday morning she finally got to see Erin. Cordelia was instantly drawn to her godmother. There was a big hug. Then Cordelia proceeded to ask engaging questions like, "You got eyes Erin?" and "You got a nose too?" She almost immediately told Erin that she loved her. Remember it has been nearly a year since she saw Erin so it was kind of like a first time meeting---she was a baby last year. Erin was great, asking Cordelia questions and really engaging her. They were fast friends.

We knew that Erin would be so good with Cordelia, that is why we asked her to be godmother. She has this amazing way with kids. I couldn't ask for more. I imagine that someday a teenage Cordelia will be calling Erin to vent about how unfair her parents are...I am counting on it. I know Erin will do and say the right things and help Cordelia navigate her way through life.

For now they are just building their own relationship. I love it!

Yesterday I taught Erin to crochet and Cordelia wanted to copy her godmother.

Crochet 1

Crochet 2

Crochet 3

Did you have a special relationship with an adult/mentor as you were grow

5 comments:

Susan S said...

They look so sweet together!

Kate W. said...

So sweet! Unfortunately, in our life, godparents weren't a big thing. I think the closest thing I had was a confirmation sponsor, and while I was close to them, it sort of went by the wayside after I was confirmed. Fortunately, I was blessed with two much older sisters that were like mentors to me. We ourselves have several godchildren, and try to keep active in their lives, so they know they can come to us for anything. :) I take that responsibility very seriously.

And I LOVE seeing Cordy crocheting!! That is something I never mastered. Have a wonderful time!

Victoria said...

I had several aunties I can credit for being a big part of my life. They are so much a part of who I am now. Lucky Cordelia, lucky Erin, lucky YOU!
I truly believe it "takes a village"

Carmen said...

That is so sweet :)

Nicole Elizabeth said...

I absolutely LOVE the photos of Cordelia with Erin!!! So precious. I was close with my non-biological Aunt Jamie. Deirdre and Jonas love my good friend Anya. We are so blessed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...