Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Simple Project: Fun For All

I have been toying with the idea of a chalkboard wall, but I have too many projects lined up to make that one a top priority. Cordelia loves chalk and I think she'd really enjoy having a space to scribble and create and I would love to not have the house littered with papers that have three lines on them.

Chalkboard Before

Last week I stumbled upon this simple chalkboard for $1.80 and I couldn't resist. I took it home with me. I gave it a quick coat of paint. A little embellishment.

IMG_0009

IMG_0018

Now, it is getting lots of regular use. I love facilitating her creativity.

IMG_0022

IMG_0024

How do you encourage creativity in yourself and your family?

3 comments:

Kate said...

I've wanted a chalkboard wall for about 6 years now. Someday... And a magnetic wall and a whiteboard wall...evidently I'm going to live in a schoolhouse.

bel said...

What a great find! We bought the paint for a chalkboard wall but never got around to actually using it...

Roxanne said...

When my son was 4 years old, we lived in an apartment in a house. The upstairs staircase was closed off, but that wall was painted black. I used that wall as a classroom, and taught my son to read and write and his pluses and minuses, it was great! I recommend a household chalkboard for every parent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...