Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend Review

Wow, I had a crazy weekend. Saturday I was all over the place. I woke up early and was out the door by 7:30. My mother and I were participating in a strange, but thankfully lucrative, craft fair (read about it here). Around noon Cordelia and I left the craft fair to watch some of Eric's concert---to be clear he is the drummer in the band. While we were on our way to the show Cordelia kept asking, "Daddy gonna rock out?" I told her that he would indeed rock out


Here is a little video of Cordelia dancing at the show. Please excuse the garbled music, I took this with my phone.

After the concert it was time for Cordelia to have a nap. I took her home and got her down. Eric and I continued our dance of responsibilities. He came home from the show and it was back to the craft fair for me.

We ended our day by having dinner with some wonderful friends. The weather was nice so we were able to sit outside and have some dinner. Couldn't have asked for a better end to a hectic, but lovely, day.

The rest of the weekend was jam packed as well. I did some work around the house, but mostly tried to get in a few walks through the neighborhood and some time outside. While doing some yard work in the front I asked Cordelia what we should name our big cotton-less cottonwood tree. She confidently responded that we should call her Jelly.
jelly
Jelly

I have been marveling at the gradual seasonal changes we are beginning to see evidenced in the foliage.

virginia creeper
The Virginia Creeper is turning from green to a vibrant red.

flowers
There are still some late bloomers bringing some last bursts of summer colors.

rock, wood, leaf
Our yard is starting to collect fallen leaves here and there.

mums
The mums are going strong

Bee
Bumblebee was just happy to spend some more time outside.

How was your weekend???

8 comments:

Roxee said...

Cordelia ran into the phone? LOL...
The foliage is really pretty, hope to see some art with those Jelly leaves!!!

Maria Rose said...

Roxee---yes she did.

AKM said...

Daddy rocks out and Jelly...I LOVE hearing what two-year-olds come up with! :-)

Kate W. said...

Those red leaves and mums are just beautiful!! Can't wait for things to start turning here.

Victoria said...

Haha! I think Cordelia was "rocking out"!! Glad to hear the craft show was a success! Love your pics xo

Kate said...

My Virginia Creeper got devoured mercilessly by wee little moth caterpillars. SONshine was thrilled. When we lived at family housing on campus, we had a globe willow behind our apartment which we claimed and called Neil. And then bossily required the new tenants to do the same.

Cordelia- You rock!

Susan S said...

Saturday was delightful, mainly because I got to spend so much time with you!

singlemama said...

I love jelly!!!! and bumblebee too of course :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...